fuel cleaner

avi1777

16.5 2.5awd
how many of u guys use it?
the manual states using only in specific countrys like the philipins ex,
whats your take on it?
tnx

Use top tier gas, add a dose of Marvel Mystery Oil to the gas tank every couple of thousand miles and add a bottle of Techron to the tank about 500 miles before each oil change. The amount of money spent is about like a couple of fast food meals so pretty negligible. What is a waste of money is letting a dealer do an expensive "fuel injector flush & service" when doing the steps above will keep the injectors clean.
I haven't had my CX 5 long enough to see if there are any issues with the float in the fuel tank that measures the level giving flaky readings, but in my past 370Z it was a known problem. The addition of a few ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil to the tank apparently had some type of lubricant or solvent qualities that would solve the erratic readings for a couple thousand miles until it came up again. So it isn't just snake oil.

Use top tier gas, add a dose of Marvel Mystery Oil to the gas tank every couple of thousand miles and add a bottle of Techron to the tank about 500 miles before each oil change. The amount of money spent is about like a couple of fast food meals so pretty negligible. What is a waste of money is letting a dealer do an expensive "fuel injector flush & service" when doing the steps above will keep the injectors clean.
I haven't had my CX 5 long enough to see if there are any issues with the float in the fuel tank that measures the level giving flaky readings, but in my past 370Z it was a known problem. The addition of a few ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil to the tank apparently had some type of lubricant or solvent qualities that would solve the erratic readings for a couple thousand miles until it came up again. So it isn't just snake oil.

so why the manual states using fuel cleaners only in target countries?is the skyactive engine sensitive to fuel additives?

Techron to the gas tank before every oil change? no Thanks.

I'd rather have the fast food meal, it will do more good. Dammit, Chic-Fil-A is closed on Sundays. Guess I'll keep the money for something way more useful.

Fuel additives do not help direct injection engines as much as port injection ones.
It only help clean injectors, but fuel of most name brands also does.
They also contain cleaning detergent.

Lucas fuel treatment every 2500 miles and Techron 500 miles before oil change. Don't rant without first trying.

Lucas fuel treatment every 2500 miles and Techron 500 miles before oil change. Don't rant without first trying.

I have my first oil change coming up.

What will I see if I use Techron before it?

Dammit, Chic-Fil-A is closed on Sundays. Guess I'll keep the money for something way more useful.

-#1 customer ranking among fast food restaurants.
-Higher per-store sales than McDonald's while being closed half the weekend/every weekend.

Mazda needs to poach a couple of their marketing guys.

i know what the fuel cleaner clean and dont on a di engine,been in the wall nut blasting stage in my previous car,im asking why mazda forbids using it in the manual,
tnx.

i know what the fuel cleaner clean and dont on a di engine,been in the wall nut blasting stage in my previous car,im asking why mazda forbids using it in the manual,
tnx.

Say what?

tnx.

Say what?

No need to spend hundreds to blast nuts into skyactiv Mazda engines. See Felix Dan's video of DIY cleaning. That said, we just do long daily commutes so not needed for us.

tnx.

Say what?

Allow me.. "I know what the fuel cleaner doesn't clean on a DI engine. Carbon build-up was so bad on my previous car that I would have needed to get the intake valves walnut-blasted to clean them. I'm asking why Mazda forbids using fuel cleaner in the manual for my current car. Thanks."

To answer OP's question, I think its just CYA on Mazda's part.

Allow me.. "I know what the fuel cleaner doesn't clean on a DI engine. Carbon build-up was so bad on my previous car that I would have needed to get the intake valves walnut-blasted to clean them. I'm asking why Mazda forbids using fuel cleaner in the manual for my current car. Thanks."

To answer OP's question, I think its just CYA on Mazda's part.

tnx,
what is cya?

Back