Bose Factory Stereo

Love my new GTR...but disappointed in the stereo. I'm a classic rock fan and when I hear a great song and want to crank it up the volume maxes out way too soon. This is from the stereo, not talking MP3's which might be of low quality. Any possible "tricks" to get some more volume?

You can max the EQ. It'll be louder, but you may not like the sound.

Bose makes it hard to replace their ... um 'stuff' - eventually the after-market will figure it out (tho major surgery might still be required)

Crutchfield may know of something, tho they are not a discounter

Are you listening from your phone or the radio? If you're listening from your phone, some music players have the option to modify the audio output level and "boost" it, but this almost always results in distortion, regardless of the quality of the speaker system.

Are you listening from your phone or the radio? If you're listening from your phone, some music players have the option to modify the audio output level and "boost" it, but this almost always results in distortion, regardless of the quality of the speaker system.

radio..just not loud enough

nope, just like loud music. Stereo in my 2009 xterra was much louder.

I like it loud.
Wanna hear it loud... RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!

After decades of this my ears are slightly damaged.
never officially diagnosed, but pretty sure I have borderline tinnitus.
And I still listen to it (too) loud.
Few like loud like me.
And there's just no ******* way I can drive around with my volume pegged at 63.
Maybe that's another feature of the 2nd gen model: a quieter radio?
Glad to have a 16 apparently. Haha

I love it...

https://youtu.be/LMcDg2HwOnM

I like it loud.
Wanna hear it loud... RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!

After decades of this my ears are slightly damaged.
never officially diagnosed, but pretty sure I have borderline tinnitus.
And I still listen to it (too) loud.
Few like loud like me.
And there's just no ******* way I can drive around with my volume pegged at 63.
Maybe that's another feature of the 2nd gen model: a quieter radio?
Glad to have a 16 apparently. Haha

I love it...

https://youtu.be/LMcDg2HwOnM
must be a different radio. I drive with radio on max and it just doesn't cut it..

I just returned from a trip and cranked it up to 63 to see how loud. Can't understand how anyone would want 63. Seriously, 63 will destroy your hearing. I would ask the dealer to turn the radio on a new car to 63 and see if the loudness is the same as yours.

I just returned from a trip and cranked it up to 63 to see how loud. Can't understand how anyone would want 63. Seriously, 63 will destroy your hearing. I would ask the dealer to turn the radio on a new car to 63 and see if the loudness is the same as yours.

rock n roll is meant to be played loud. 63 is ok, but no where near as loud as my previous radio with a Fosgate.

Unless it's already destroyed.

Back