2016 CX-5 Lease Buyout / Service Contract

This is why I lease. My previous car was a hyundai santa fe sport 2.0TU and a few weeks before I got my CX-5 it started throwing an error light having to do with the front radar which controls auto E-brake and dynamic cruise control...the dealer couldn't fix and ordered a new part...which cost $2500! Thankfully warranty covered it; but if it didn't, I think I would've been pulling some fuses. The Service Manager says everyone should buy a service contract if they are holding on to a car past the warranty...especially with today's tech heavy cars.

Last edited:
This is why I lease. My previous car was a hyundai santa fe sport 2.0TU and a few weeks before I got my CX-5 it started throwing an error light having to do with the front radar which controls auto E-brake and dynamic cruise control...the dealer couldn't fix and ordered a new part...which cost $2500! Thankfully warranty covered it; but if it didn't, I think I would've been pulling some fuses. The Service Manager says everyone should buy a service contract if they are holding on to a car past the warranty...especially with today's tech heavy cars.

When we bought my wife's new car, the finance manager held up a circuit board and said "this part costs $3100, and there are ten just like it in the car". And then she said "one out of every six cars have a failure like this."

Her message was: You can pay me now, or you can pay me later. We said later maybe... but not now for sure.

Has anybody out there ever have a circuit board failure in a Mazda?

When we bought my wife's new car, the finance manager held up a circuit board and said "this part costs $3100, and there are ten just like it in the car". And then she said "one out of every six cars have a failure like this."

Her message was: You can pay me now, or you can pay me later. We said later maybe... but not now for sure.

Has anybody out there ever have a circuit board failure in a Mazda?

I hate the finance pitch. I would have asked, Are you saying that youre selling me a piece of junk? Makes them back pedal everytime.

I hate the finance pitch. I would have asked, *Are you saying that you*re selling me a piece of junk?* Makes them back pedal everytime.

That's exactly what I would have said, lol.

Same. If I had a dealer tell me that, I'd leave.
"I'll go buy something where that happens 1 in 20 times. Bye".

Toyota is funny. They sell you hard on their super quality and reliability, and then after you agree to a purchase, they try and tell you that the car could blow up and you need their extended warranty. They shut up quick when you make like you're getting cold feet.

I hate the finance pitch. I would have asked, *Are you saying that you*re selling me a piece of junk?* Makes them back pedal everytime.

Same. If I had a dealer tell me that, I'd leave.
"I'll go buy something where that happens 1 in 20 times. Bye".

Then my wife wouldn't have gotten the car she wanted. We all know the finance manager's pitch is bulls***, and they know it, too. I just laughed and said, "no thanks, we'll take our chances." She wasn't selling us the car... she was just selling a bunch of junk to put on it. Just doing her job. Poor girl. Her answer no doubt would have been that all new cars are like that these days.

OK, maybe a bit harsh. But I certainly would have had a witty comment...

(Ah, who am I kidding. Only twice in my life have I had the perfect comeback at the perfect time. I always think of the perfect thing I should have said later... lol)

(Ah, who am I kidding. Only twice in my life have I had the perfect comeback at the perfect time. I always think of the perfect thing I should have said later... lol)
Universal truth, that.

Back