XM Travel Link, useful?

Looks like the 2019 CX5's with XM capability are only year available with XM Travel link.
For those with 2019's how often do you find it helpful?
I'm a weather buff and would find it pretty neat pulling up radar data when taking a drive right off the connect system.
Also does Travel link work integrated with the stock SD card Navigation to provide traffic info?

I don*t use the weather radar part, but have the traffic info turned on. I can take it or leave it. Usually by the time you see the congestion on the display, you*re already in it.

I didn't know there was weather radar on it.

There have been times I get an emergency alert for tornadoes, but those are county-wide. Greater detail would be of value.

I turned off the weather alert after Hurricane Dorian. Warnings were popping up for a week after the storm had departed.

I've heard, though the grapevine, that the 2020 models will longer have traffic XM capabilities. We've had the weather alert go off one time during server thunderstorm activities...

I turned off the weather alert after Hurricane Dorian. Warnings were popping up for a week after the storm had departed.

Ditto here. Broward County where I live has a pretty good email/text/phone alert system for potential bad weather events.

Looks like the 2019 CX5's with XM capability are only year available with XM Travel link.
For those with 2019's how often do you find it helpful?
I'm a weather buff and would find it pretty neat pulling up radar data when taking a drive right off the connect system.
Also does Travel link work integrated with the stock SD card Navigation to provide traffic info?

I've used it in other vehicles. It's fine, for free. For $$$, forget it.

Some brief thoughts on XMtravelink on my 2019 GT.

I very much like how its fully integrated into the stock Mazda NAV, traffic seems to be updated live so on the factory NAV you'll see slowdowns along the route, this alone has given the Mazda NAV new life since previously there was 0 live traffic integration. IMO great function, havent bothered to hook up AA yet since it almost seems redundant now that Mazda NAV can use traffic.
Also in brief testing this makes the ETA Mazda NAV displays more accurate since it can incorperate traffic to adjust ETA.

Fuel pricing is nice, helps you avoid the gas stations which price well above the local market cost. (One by my house is always 10 cents per gallon higher then rest of stations in town)

Weather Radar is ok, doesnt let you zoom in enough IMO, the default screen encompasses the entire Northeast for where I live so you see precipitation far away and not very precise.
I've had to turn OFF weather alert function as it will post advisories from all over New England......this requires an acknowledgment for each alert to be cleared from the screen...just too much unneeded info to make it worth leaving Alerts on.

Other features I haven't used enough to comment on, by overall I'd say its a great feature. Too bad Mazda didn't offer this before releasing AA/CP. They could have had a nice option to hold over customers during the 2017-2018 CX5 model years who wished the NAV had some more functionality.

The weather on my Garmin 2598 comes thru the FM link not the satellite. Same for the traffic and despite it being upgraded from the traffic on my older Garmin doesn't give me enough advance warning.

The weather is just a brief summary with forecasts and NOAA warnings, etc.

Garmin offers Weather XM on their aviation type GPS but its pretty expensive plus you pay about $500 subscription per year. Its good enough for pilots to use for navigating around storm cells and probably a couple of million $$ cheaper than a real weather radar in the nose.

I'd love to see that in consumer GPS units.

Back