Headlights "On" Warning Buzzer or Alarm?

:
2018 CX-9 GT
I got out of the CX-9 today, leaving my headlights on by accident. Noticed and reached back in to turn them off. Then it dawned on me: There's no buzzer or alarm that goes off if the lights are on, the car is off, and a door opens. Both my Acuras have this feature (and they are old) so I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere to set this as an option. I could easily see <del> my wife </del> a member of my family borrowing the car and leaving the lights on...

I think the headlights turns off automatically after a while ( this has been the case in most cars for a while, although the warning chime remained for old habit I guess). In my mazda 6 2004, i used to laugh at that warning chime since the lights were turning off on their own after a little while.

That being said I am pretty sure you can turn the warning chime back on in the lighting settings of the car (on the touchscreen). It should be called *light on reminder*

*Light-On Reminder
If lights are on and the ignition is switched to ACC or off, a continuous beep sound will be heard when the driver's door is opened*

Last edited:
I think the headlights turns off automatically after a while ( this has been the case in most cars for a while, although the warning chime remained for old habit I guess). In my mazda 6 2004, i used to laugh at that warning chime since the lights were turning off on their own after a little while.

That being said I am pretty sure you can turn the warning chime back on in the lighting settings of the car (on the touchscreen). It should be called *light on reminder*

*Light-On Reminder
If lights are on and the ignition is switched to ACC or off, a continuous beep sound will be heard when the driver's door is opened*

Thanks. I was able to find and set this to "High" this morning within the GUI. Weirdly, it was already set to "Low" for the chime volume. And, even more weirdly, when I set it to "High" and tested it, I got no chime/no sound. Turned off the car, left the lights on, opened the driver's door. No chime. [EDIT] - Just read in the CX-5 forum that the lights-off auto timer needs to be set to Zero minutes for the chime to sound. [EDIT 2] Verified after work. The auto shut off timer must be off for the chime to initiate.

Last edited:
That would make sense to need to have the auto timer off for the chime to sound. The auto timer would turn them off automatically so there would be no need for the chime.

Latest posts

Back