2020 CX-9 gets a 10 ft lb bump in torque with 93 octane

they might have done some "tuning" to make the car a bit more appeal-able ;)
would be nice getting a 10lbs bump.

got this from another group
and yes =)

cx-5%20spec.jpg

That*s interesting that there is a difference between using 87 vs 93 whereas there is no difference on the CX5 turbo now.

Nice!

Three things stand out to me:

1. They're dropping the best (IMO, of course) color from the sport trim (SILVER)
2. They changed the keyfob into the much derided brick that is the new Mazda 3 key.
3. Off-road traction assist (which is probably just similar to turning the traction control off in that it will allow for more wheelspin) should be available on Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring, but that is reserved for the turbo models only as another incentive to push the more expensive trims.

The increased NVH claims are interesting, as it's already one of the quietest vehicles in the class. There will be a price increase to accomodate the standard radar AEB package that was previously $625.

Wow no more Mazda navigation. IMO they are making mistakes removing features at a time their cars are getting more expensive.
I'd rather have a 2019 GT then a 2020 GT based on how it's being raided of features.
Is AA/ACP at least standard in all trims?

Interested in hearing more about this. If its just the tune, clearly you can safely get more power out of the stock skyactive turbo.

36+GTR and I don't get NAV..that's a fail! I almost never use it, I'm sure many would say the same but its still nice that its there type of thing..idk really strange move by Mazda here.

My 2020 Signature purchased in Colombia two months ago is advertised here as having 228hp whereas in the US it's 227. Maybe just semantics. On navigation the Mazdas sold here this year do not come the the navigation sd card. You can purchase it from the parts department but it's not remotely worth the exhorbatent price as here anyway many, many roads are un named on it and the free WAYS is much better.

Interested in hearing more about this. If it*s just the tune, clearly you can safely get more power out of the stock skyactive turbo.

Without a doubt!

Can't wait to see the torque curves compared to see how they tweaked it. Since the bump is @2500 as opposed to @2000, it may not be very noticeable. It's only a 3.2% increase, at a higher speed. And no mention of HP increase, so the curves should be similar @4000 and above.

Only on GT & GTR. Sig still has it.

Phones have it. Doesn't almost everyone prefer google maps?

That's what I meant, the navigation only comes on Signature. That's probably why they took it out. Everyone probably uses Waze or Google Maps with AA or CarPlay now so it's redundant.

Only on GT & GTR. Sig still has it.

Phones have it. Doesn't almost everyone prefer google maps?

I dont. I use the factory Nav system a lot and have no desire to use my phone apps while driving for a number of reasons. I imagine it will be an extra cost option package for the GT and GTR. Glad I got mine in 2019, then. Ill miss out on the extra 10ft-lb of torque, though. Wont be able to smoke X3s, I guess. (rolleyes)

That's what I meant, the navigation only comes on Signature. That's probably why they took it out. Everyone probably uses Waze or Google Maps with AA or CarPlay now so it's redundant.

I read you wrong. Is it already gone from the 19 sport and touring? If not, sounds like they still have it.

I read you wrong. Is it already gone from the 19 sport and touring? If not, sounds like they still have it.

No, 2019s have it. I assume like all prior model years you can just add the navigation SD card to enable the factory navigation if you really want. You can find them on EBay for cheap.

Easy enough to add to the 2016-2019 CX-5. All you need is a Nav SD card, 70 bucks on Amazon. It's only standard in Grand Touring or above. Mazda charges $400 for it.

The nice thing about having the Nav SD card when you are not using the nav is the street display at the top of the screen.

Back