Auto Unlock in Settings ??

My CX5 rental will lock the doors when I walk away, but won't unlock when I walk up ... and stand there hopefully...

I am not able to get to the sub-menu for Door Lock in the Settings menu (!!) I cannot move to that setting - all I can see is the rain sensing wipers are on and I can't move away from that menu choice.

My CX5 rental will lock the doors when I walk away, but won't unlock when I walk up ... and stand there hopefully...

I am not able to get to the sub-menu for Door Lock in the Settings menu (!!) I cannot move to that setting - all I can see is the rain sensing wipers are on and I can't move away from that menu choice.

You've got to push the button on the handle.

There is no Auto Unlock feature as you get near the car. You have to manually unlock the doors, either with the button on the door, or the button on the key fob, or with the key.

As far as not being able to get into settings, maybe since it*s a rental, they*ve disabled the ability to change settings? Also, are you trying to change settings while the car is moving, or stopped? Some things can only be accessed when the car isnt moving.

Last edited:
There is no Auto Unlock feature as you get near the car. You have to manually unlock the doors, either with the button on the door, or the button on the key fob, or with the key.

Well, that's it then isn't it? No more Mazda's for me. I mean, jeepers, having to push a button to unlock the doors is just not acceptable now, is it?
I had to do that on my older cars, and it bugged me to no end. It would ruin my day.
I can still remember walking up to my '83 Buick and having to manually unlock the doors.
Oh, just the thought of it brings back bad nightmares.

turns out it is enabled only in Park

there is also a loophole in the programming... the exploit is to put it in Park, access the menus, then you can mess with them even after shifting to Drive (but stopped)

It's not an exploit. It works by sensing motion, not where the selector is.

Well, that's it then isn't it? No more Mazda's for me. I mean, jeepers, having to push a button to unlock the doors is just not acceptable now, is it?
I had to do that on my older cars, and it bugged me to no end. It would ruin my day.
I can still remember walking up to my '83 Buick and having to manually unlock the doors.
Oh, just the thought of it brings back bad nightmares.

I had a 1959 Austin Healey with side curtains and no external door handles.

I used to just stand there, pawing at it like a lost dog until I got hold of a used manual.

Back