2015 CX-5 6th Gear Popping Out

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 Sport, 6MT - - 1986 Mazda B2000, 5 Speed
Howdy

I purchased a 2015 CX-5 manual transmission in February of 2019 with 28K miles on it, currently at 42K. When i'm cruising down the interstate in 6th gear, it almost always pops out of 6th gear and into neutral, at least once during the drive. Going into 6th is fine and the rest of the time it shifts smoothly. I have a feeling 6th gear didn't get used much as the previous owner only put on 28K miles in 4-5 years of ownership / probably saw very few highway miles. This makes me believe the gear probably is NOT damaged/worn?

Anybody with similar issues and a fix? I'll probably drain and fill the transmission fluid around 60K. I read another thread, can't remember if it was a 2014 Mazda 3 or CX-5, but that the plant forgot to add a friction modifier in the transmission fluids in some of these MT engines? Synchronizers? Linkages to be adjusted?

Howdy

I purchased a 2015 CX-5 manual transmission in February of 2019 with 28K miles on it, currently at 42K. When i'm cruising down the interstate in 6th gear, it almost always pops out of 6th gear and into neutral, at least once during the drive. Going into 6th is fine and the rest of the time it shifts smoothly. I have a feeling 6th gear didn't get used much as the previous owner only put on 28K miles in 4-5 years of ownership / probably saw very few highway miles. This makes me believe the gear probably is NOT damaged/worn?

Anybody with similar issues and a fix? I'll probably drain and fill the transmission fluid around 60K. I read another thread, can't remember if it was a 2014 Mazda 3 or CX-5, but that the plant forgot to add a friction modifier in the transmission fluids in some of these MT engines? Synchronizers? Linkages to be adjusted?

I had a 63 VW microbus that did the same thing in top gear... 4th. Obviously a different animal, but I was told it was the synchros. It would do it incessantly. I would keep it in gear with a bungee.

Back