weird stain on hood

:
2018 Mazda CX-9 GT
Have a 18' GT Blue Mica, I happen to notice these stains on my hood this past weekend. I tried wiping them off, but nothing happens. it almost looks like oil when it's in water. It's rained a few times over the last couple of weeks, so I'm not sure if it was something that dripped onto the hood that i was parked under when it rained (wire, light pole, etc). i've attached a pic, Any thoughts / ways to get out? it's only noticeable when you're standing right next to the hood, from aa distantce, you don't see it.

mazda hood 102619.jpg

Can you feel it with your fingertip? Or is it as smooth as the paint? My first guess would be bird droppings that sat on the paint for a while before the rain washed the majority of the droppings off, but that's not typically what they look like afterward - looks more like a water spot.

If you can feel it with your fingertip, try using a bit of hand sanitizer to soften it (but don't let the sanitizer dry on its own or sit on the paint for too long). If that doesn't work, try using a clay bar kit from your local auto parts store. If that doesn't work, you can attempt to polish it out yourself, or contact a reputable professional independent detailer to correct the paint.

If you suspect that it's a mineral stain and not something 'on' the paint you could try to soak a paper towel in white vinegar and lay it over the stains. Soak it occasionally and let it sit there for 30 minutes or better. If it is a mineral stain this should dissolve it.

i did run finger over it, but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. just felt like the hood

Mike - Might be worth taking it over to Kennedy Mazda in Conshy, or a dealer close to you, to see what they say. You're probably still under warranty and if it's a known paint issue on their side, they may have a remedy. Are you in Philly? I'm out near KoP.

Back