Noob to Mazda, but not to cars...

Danbob

:
2016.5 CX-5 Touring with Bose
Hey Guys,

Just bought a gorgeous cpo cx5 touring with low mileage and bose package. Wanted to say hey, and that I am excited to own this fun to drive little suv. Plan on doing some little things and have some stuff on the way already, but nothing crazy like past cars I have owned....Also joined up with the cx-5 facebook group. I have been on a forum for every car I have ever owned, so this makes number 16 or so...Last Mazda in the family before this one was my brother's old 96 mx-3 5 speed...That car was incredibly fun to drive as well. Will post some pics and what I have done to the new car as I do it.

I got this one guys(guess they don't like NYers wtf!)..Hey man(and neighbor) congrats on the ride! I'm on my 2nd already- 1st was a loaded '14, this time round I opted for an almost loaded(didn't want the lane keep annoyance of the i-activ pkg) 16.5. Obviously I was pretty happy with my 14 even though things started going a bit wonky @the 5yr/90+k mark. Wanted to stay gen1 for a few reasons..accessories from the 14 fit perfectly, the car drives just a bit better(turbo excluded, still haven't sampled) imo (sportier- mostly a feel thing but like the heavier steering and less overall weight and no stinking power liftgate) than the new one and wanted to keep cost down as I purchased a fun car earlier in the spring- the cpo CX-5 wasn't exactly the plan- yet anyway but aforementioned wonkiness sped that process. 16 former vehicles..wow anything fun? Looking over my sg just realized I smashed into double digits this year myself..oops!

Last edited:
Welcome Dan! What year did you get? Color?

Geez... NYers man... Never giving out the deets! :D

2016.5 its right under his name that you did catch evidently..eh just bustin stones as per a nyers obligation:)..btw black ugg.. I mean its a real nice looking color but its so short lived I don't even bother washing it pretty much...liquid silver was THE color and if it was still on the 16s I probably would've waited for one. Black gets exponentially worse in what a month or so- oh well whatever go Nats..

Last edited:
What a win and series..crazy how they yanked Greinke there I thought. New Volbeat, pretty solid if a bit soft..looking forward to catching them again, show I'd bring my kid to fwiw..Slipknot(who they played with this summer) not samuch..next year maybe if they get someone like Nothing More or 3 days grace onboard...

Last edited:
Can't believe he'll be 9 in Dec..favorite shows: Monster Jam and Roadkill so we get along pretty good..burnouts fixed it!

Thanks for saying hi guys....Lets see...noteable vehicles...1985 olds cutless, 1992 taurus sho, 2001 saturn 3 door coupe modded with suspension intake headers exhaust, ignition etc...2004 subaru wrx modded to the gills rallycross style with everything you can think of...a few more here and there. One that used to get a load of complements surprisingly was my 2009 modded suzuki sx4 awd hatch. That thing was damn amazing and funnnnnn to drive for an na 4 cylinder ....stick shift and selectable awd...amazing. was like an angry little crappy rally car. Too bad it was a suzuki....now the mazda....all the things i loved about Subaru and suzuki but a little more luxurious. Most recent was a slightly modded 2011 Rav4 v6 non limited....super quick in a straight line, amazing for hauling my bicycles and going off road, but hugely boring to drive in general. I have some things done to the cx5 already and some things planned but no engine or exhaust stuff. Pointless to me. Oh. We also have a 2016 corvette stingray in shark grey. It belongs to my father, but I help him with it and drive it regularly. It is a beast and if he ever gets tired of it, it will come to live here. Also i am not a huge fan of ny either and i live here! 😂😂😂

Back