Oil drips from above the oil pan

:
Mazda cx-9 2008
Hello. Colleagues I have cx 9 from 2009 Mileage 285 thousand miles. I am after repairing the transfer box. The service watched its work and everything is dry but the mechanic noticed oil leakage. Oil drips under the oil pan from above. I took the picture. please check the photo. This is the right side under the car, from the engine front or timing.Help please. I don't have time to give a car for service.

Last edited:
Foto

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_095906_0_resize_50.jpg
    IMG_20190915_095906_0_resize_50.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 142
I chased down a hard to find oil leak one time. I used a couple of aerosol cans of solvent (brake clean, etc.) to wash the area dry, wiped it with a bit of rag on a long 4-finger grabber, got it really clean, then started the engine. Looked and looked until I tracked down the leak; a long handled small inspection mirror and good lighting are big helps. If it's really slow, you might ignore it. Otherwise, play detective.

Thank you for your answer. It is logical and it is obvious that this is how you should look for a leak. I counted on suggestions if there is a sensor or other place from which oil may leak. I browse engine pictures in the network and the only thing that suits me is the leak from the valve cover gasket. oil drains because the block and drips onto the bowl and drive shaft. Because where would the leak come from if not the keyboard?

Back