Garage door hit and paint chip

:
2019 CX5 GT-R
Hello All
I hit the garage door and got a good scratch on the front driver side. Any guidance in DIY will be very helpful. Car is on lease.
Color is Machine Grey Metallic

Do you recommend to take it to the dealer for fixing ?

Please see picture attached Front Driver side.jpg

I would take it to the dealer you leased it from. That way after the lease is up, if there are any issues with the repair you can say you fixed it. This is my opinion, working for a Honda dealer for 20 years.

Hi - I just had the same thing happen to my 2017 CX-5 in Black while backing out of garage, slight dent as well. My lease is up in August 2020. I most likely will get the paint repair done prior to lease termination. I will buy it and trade it to avoid any wear and tear issues. I think this is my least costly alternative. Hope you made out well with yours
IMG_1645.jpg

Hi my lease just started and will end only in 2023. I used Megaurs rubbing to smoothen the scratches and pleased with the outcome. But has still some work to be carried out in summer. What do you mean by "I will buy and trade it " ?

What do you mean by "I will buy and trade it " ?

Not a bad question actually. No need to buy your lease before trading it. Just trade it. It’s no different than trading in a financed vehicle. I traded in my 2017 Odyssey lease with five months left and got the dealership to give me the buyout as it’s value.

Back