Thread: Remove "No SiriusXM Signal" notification

Registered Member

Remove "No SiriusXM Signal" notification

Ok, so bought my '19 CX-9 GT a couple weeks ago and I keep getting this message blinking at the top of the screen. Live up in Alaska, so SiriusXM really isn't an option, except for occasional reception in Anchorage. I only listen to terrestrial and internet radio.

Anyone know how to make it so I stop seeing the notification that I don't have a SiriusXM signal that I can't get anyways? It's pretty irritating.

Contributor

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by WolfgangGullich View Post
    Ok, so bought my '19 CX-9 GT a couple weeks ago and I keep getting this message blinking at the top of the screen. Live up in Alaska, so SiriusXM really isn't an option, except for occasional reception in Anchorage. I only listen to terrestrial and internet radio.

Anyone know how to make it so I stop seeing the notification that I don't have a SiriusXM signal that I can't get anyways? It's pretty irritating.
    That's odd, I've never seen that error come up on my car.

If there's nothing in the online owner's manual, I'd just take it to the dealer (or call them).

Registered Member

I was just hoping I could do it myself... There are spots around Anchorage where Sirius does work, but it's basically unusable. Maybe it'll go away when the 3 month trial subscription runs out?

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 GT AWD in Soul Red

It does not go away, I still get it from time to time when we are camping out in the middle of nowhere.

Contributor

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by WolfgangGullich View Post
    I was just hoping I could do it myself... There are spots around Anchorage where Sirius does work, but it's basically unusable. Maybe it'll go away when the 3 month trial subscription runs out?
    I've never seen that error pop up. Used to use XM radio regularly until the free trial was done, but never renewed it. Mine is a 2018, maybe something changed in the 2019s as far as that notification?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

There are a few other systems that may rely on sirius xm such has navigation traffic, etc. Any one of these systems trying to get a Sirius signal may trigger that alarm. If you have those options, try going to your nav settings and disabling all the sirius related features.

Registered Member

I thought that too and have everything turned off that gets data from Sirius and still get the message...maybe updating to latest system software will get rid of it?

Registered Member

That might work, there are a few sirius related fix in it.