2016~2023 Remove "No SiriusXM Signal" notification

Ok, so bought my '19 CX-9 GT a couple weeks ago and I keep getting this message blinking at the top of the screen. Live up in Alaska, so SiriusXM really isn't an option, except for occasional reception in Anchorage. I only listen to terrestrial and internet radio.

Anyone know how to make it so I stop seeing the notification that I don't have a SiriusXM signal that I can't get anyways? It's pretty irritating.

Ok, so bought my '19 CX-9 GT a couple weeks ago and I keep getting this message blinking at the top of the screen. Live up in Alaska, so SiriusXM really isn't an option, except for occasional reception in Anchorage. I only listen to terrestrial and internet radio.

Anyone know how to make it so I stop seeing the notification that I don't have a SiriusXM signal that I can't get anyways? It's pretty irritating.

That's odd, I've never seen that error come up on my car.

If there's nothing in the online owner's manual, I'd just take it to the dealer (or call them).

I was just hoping I could do it myself... There are spots around Anchorage where Sirius does work, but it's basically unusable. Maybe it'll go away when the 3 month trial subscription runs out?

It does not go away, I still get it from time to time when we are camping out in the middle of nowhere.

I was just hoping I could do it myself... There are spots around Anchorage where Sirius does work, but it's basically unusable. Maybe it'll go away when the 3 month trial subscription runs out?

I've never seen that error pop up. Used to use XM radio regularly until the free trial was done, but never renewed it. Mine is a 2018, maybe something changed in the 2019s as far as that notification?

There are a few other systems that may rely on sirius xm such has navigation traffic, etc. Any one of these systems trying to get a Sirius signal may trigger that alarm. If you have those options, try going to your nav settings and disabling all the sirius related features.

I thought that too and have everything turned off that gets data from Sirius and still get the message...maybe updating to latest system software will get rid of it?

Was there ever a solution to this problem? I also live in Alaska and I am experiencing the same issue. I purchased a 2020 CX-5 in September 2020, it is now August 2021, I have brought the car to the dealer (multiple times), contacted Mazda corporate, no one has been able to provide a solution. Extremely frustrating for the purchase of a new vehicle. I expect better service form Mazda.

Try contacting Sirius XM and tell them to disconnect your account.
That's already been done. I never had an account. The issue is with the car, not SiruisXM. Living in Alaska, there is no satellite signal. Regardless of if there is/isn't an account, the car has no way to know because there is no signal.

Back