2019 CX5 Rear Shock Absorber Extender

:
CX5
Hello guys,

I have a pair of front 1.5" strut spacers installed and a pair of 1.5" rear spring spacers installed. However because of this set up, the rear shock absorber got stretched longer by 1.5" and as a result, it has a much shorter downward travel and a longer upward travel. The problem is that whenever I drive over a speed bump and as the wheel drops down when the car moves over and away from the speed bump, the shock absorber cannot extend much further and it reaches the maximum downward travel. When this happens, I feel a very hard hit on the backside of the car and I don't think it's good for the shock absorber to always be exposed to this kind of stress.

I checked with the seller of my lift kit (Tema4x4) but they don't sell the shock extender.
I'm just wondering if any of you guys know who sells or manufacture the rear shock extender for CX5 2019.

My other option is to get an after market rear shock absorber but many of them are for lowering kit not for lifting kit. Basically I need a longer shock absorber in this case.

I appreciate much for any help!

Totally get what you're saying and ya, that's an issue with this type of kit if they aren't fully complete.

I had an old suzuki sidekick we did a similar lift on, on-the-cheap. There were two options for the rear shocks: rotate the shock mounting tabs from below the axle to the top (involved cutting and welding), or use a spacer. The spacer I got was available as an add-on to my kit but was essentially just a piece of thick wall square tubing that had holes drilled in each side for mounting hardware. The top shock mounting stud was trimmed down to secure inside the square tube as it normally would to the top shock mounting location, then additional heavy duty hardware was used to mount that piece to the original shock mount. In essence it was a downward extension of the upper shock mount.

I'm not sure enough what the CX-5 rear end assembly looks like but maybe you can take it to a fabricator and have them take a look if they can come up with a relatively simple solution for you.

I wonder if a CX-9 rear shock would be any longer and still bolt in? I'm sure it may be valved different but may be worth looking into?

Back