Errors from morning frost/condensation

:
2019 CX5 Touring/Preferred Pkg
This morning and almost every morning in the fall, winter or spring, frost or condensation forms on all the glass. As usual, I throw the defroster on and it usually takes care of everything within a few minutes and Im ready to drive. This morning, however, the car threw these errors (attaches photos). It looks like the camera behind the rear view mirror has become frosted as well. Has anyone else faced this issue? Not sure how to make sure the defroster reaches the camera since it is blocked off.

It'll defrost on it's own as you drive the car. When the frost is gone, the errors should disappear and the systems will function normally again (you should be able to see the lane marking indicators on the HUD as well as the "Vehicle Ahead" indicator.

I*ve run into it too in Florida from condensation or dew on the windshield in the morning. If it*s on the outside, a swipe of the wiper will take care of it.

Isn't at least the radar cruise control located in the front grille emblem? The sensors behind the mirror are for rain and also for Smart City Brake support, which is one of the icons in your other error. Maybe try wiping the frost off the front Mazda emblem to see if that stops the cruise error? Not sure what you can do about the condensation between the mirror sensors and the windshield other than let it dissipate naturally as you have been doing. Maybe there was a significant temp shift from day to night this one time and there was extra condensation which froze....?? Just a guess. If it keeps happening, maybe invest in an external windshield cover to help insulate.

My vehicle is garaged and of course this is FL, and I don't miss morning frost rituals from my many decades in NJ at all.

Bought one of these, became a non-issue:
81ysldBAQZL._SL1500_.jpg

MRCC is only disabled below 20mph because at the lower speeds the cameras are used where the radar is used at higher speeds.
The camera is also for LDW and lane keep assist, emergency braking - which is the second error.

The camera enclosure is not air tight. What you're experiencing is normal. As the windshield warms up that area will as well, it just takes a bit longer as the defroster doesn't hit it directly.

If you're in a snowy area when driving through a snow storm you can get buildup on the front of the car and lose MRCC entirely until its cleaned.

Just have to hurry up and wait for it to clear itself, nothing wrong here.

Thanks for the replies. At first, I had a nervous thought that something may have failed. Good to hear its normal. I may look into purchase one of those windshield covers, but I do park the car outside on the street and not sure if anyone interested might take it for themselves.

Thanks for the replies. At first, I had a nervous thought that something may have failed. Good to hear it*s normal. I may look into purchase one of those windshield covers, but I do park the car outside on the street and not sure if anyone interested might take it for themselves.

Be aware that bright sun can also temporarily disable the cameras. It has to hit it just right, and the outage doesn't last long. That's also normal.

yep, that freaked me out this summer.
you drive on the highway and suddenly ding dong noise and you think what happened..till I saw the message.
It was veru hot and I was driving in direct sunlight.

Be aware that bright sun can also temporarily disable the cameras. It has to hit it just right, and the outage doesn't last long. That's also normal.

I've noticed this is made worse by a dirty windshield, just like our human vision.

The manual also says the camera may shut down if it's too hot or cold, though I don't think I've experienced it.

That might be good in the summer too, to keep the sun out of the car, instead of an interior sun shade. It looks like it sets up fast.

I thought about that, too. But I wonder how long it would take for it to be stolen in many locations.

Back