Disable inbuilt navigation prompts

When playing music, and using inbuilt nav, the music cuts off from left speaker and nav guidance starts speaking. This is great for those who need it. I dont like voice nav prompts and want to disable it. I could turn down the nav guidance volume, but that mutes my android assistant speak-back when I use it. On google maps, I have the option to turn off voice prompts but I cant find any option on the inbuilt nav to do so. Any tips?

On the 2018 CX5 you can turn off (lower) the volume of the navigational voice commands through the Guidance Settings.

Wade

All you can do is set the guidance voice volume to zero in settings. You cant actually turn the voice off.

The Nav volume setting should not be impacting any other system like your Google Assistant?!?

The Nav volume setting should not be impacting any other system like your Google Assistant?!?

It actually does. The Google Assistant routes through the left driver speaker only and volume changes with the nav guidance volume setting. Weird programming~

Yes, unfortunately the NAV guidance sound setting is shared with the android auto sounds. I found this out the other day when I actually used inbuilt nav and the voice commands were driving me insane.

For a quick change you can adjust or mute the volume at any time a prompt is occurring. I of course muted my Nav and I was happy as a daisy. Then My android auto stopped all sounds and I was like WTF. Then I remembered what I had done and sure enough un muting OEM NAV guidance volume restored my android auto sounds. At least now I know.

Back