Preview some elements of the future electric CX in Mazda's first EV, the MX-30

Hear from the President and CEO himself:

Reminds me of the BMW i3
$

Which is ugly and weird, IMHO. Even same suicide doors.

Ha, I just noticed the thing has a third door like the Saturns from 20 years ago. lol

The Saturn may actually look better, though.

The Mazda ads in Canada are just as bad as the ones in the U.S.:

If there is anyone from corporate who is reading this, please, for the love of God, get rid of your entire marketing team. These ads are so incredibly off putting.

Last edited:
If there is anyone from corporate who is reading this, please, for the love of God, get rid of your entire marketing team. These ads are so incredibly off putting.
(In their defense in this promo advert, the car isn't a looker, so maybe that's why they don't show it much)

Lol, yeah it's pretty bad. One of the standouts is when the audio changes to what I assume would be the in-cabin stereo system (around 10 seconds in), and it's just terrible. What kind of marketing genius was behind the idea to make the audio sound worse when the camera is inside the car? Jeez.

I do like the interior shots they used (IMO the interior is pretty nice). I also like the engine sound clips and the cameo of the Soul Red ND Miata. But they really should have featured some shots of it taking some corners or travelling on a gravel road or something. It's a freakin' Mazda with a bunch of plastic cladding. Instead the only shots are of the car driving in a straight line.

Lol, yeah it's pretty bad. One of the standouts is when the audio changes to what I assume would be the in-cabin stereo system (around 10 seconds in), and it's just terrible. What kind of marketing genius was behind the idea to make the audio sound worse when the camera is inside the car? Jeez.

I do like the interior shots they used (IMO the interior is pretty nice). I also like the engine sound clips and the cameo of the Soul Red ND Miata. But they really should have featured some shots of it taking some corners or travelling on a gravel road or something. It's a freakin' Mazda with a bunch of plastic cladding. Instead the only shots are of the car driving in a straight line.

Very hard to get a feel for audio systems via recorded sounds on your phone/computer...

IMO ... pathetic. (bang)

Very hard to get a feel for audio systems via recorded sounds on your phone/computer...

Oh I agree, but my point was that they shouldn't have modified the audio 10 seconds into the ad to emphasize the perspective of being inside the car. They should have just kept it the same throughout.

Well, that is a Canadian advertisement haha

Issues are issues, we are talking about ads.
My previous car, was a 08' Rabbit and in 6-1/2 years, I did not have a single issue. I can't say the same thing about my CX5. At least 5 items. Just last week, broke a welding in my driver seat back.

Issues are issues, we are talking about ads.
My previous car, was a 08' Rabbit and in 6-1/2 years, I did not have a single issue. I can't say the same thing about my CX5. At least 5 items. Just last week, broke a welding in my driver seat back.

What were your 5+ issues on your 2014 CX? How many miles?

Stress caused windshield crack, vibrating driver's mirror(still does it after fix), driver seat making horrible sounds, when you move it for/aft., lumbar support broken off(bad weld), last week another metal support has broken off, loose spoiler(found nuts in the hatch door).

Strange that you are having so many problems with the seat. Is it a manual seat or power seat? I had the passenger seatback motor fail in my 2013 Lexus LX.

Mazda improved the front and side glass in 2017. It uses AGC laminated glass on the front and front side windows. I've driven/ridden in my sister's 2015 Mazda 3 and wouldn't buy one with the ride and wind noise it has. The double door seals and underbody insulation also reduce the wind noise to one of the best in class.

Mine is a 14' does not have double insulation and fancy glasses.
I have also forgot to mention, that my rear spoiler clearcoat, is almost completely gone, it looks like shxt.
I still love it though.

Back