2013 Cx-5 lowering questions

Mazda2

My son has enlisted me to assist in lowering his 2013 Cx-5. He lives 650 miles away and I wont have access to the vehicle until the day we lower it. I currently have a set of Megan Racing springs. My question is, what else will I need, so I can get it in advance. I assume new shocks and struts would be wise since we already will have the necessary things accessible. If so, what dampers would you recommend. Trying to get everything ordered and here prior to the project date. I am also aware it will need an alignment afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

You may or may not need camber arms. If it would be me I would get them. There is no adjustment for camber in the back. If the camber numbers are out of spec, your tires will wear out inside.
I'm not familiar with those springs, usually, other springs drop like 1-1/2". These don't need anything replaced, they fall into the acceptable range.
Like mine, it is dropped 3-1/2"(Corksport), I needed camber adjustment. Back in the day, nobody was selling anything like that, so I had to make something myself. I ended up buying and modifying, the factory lateral links.
At 3-1/2", it is very harsh/bouncy ride, I have bottomed out at least 6 times in the last 4 years(not sure when I have installed them), since I had them. Next time, I will get some coilovers.

Last edited:
These?

Attachments

• DC82692C-E8D3-42FF-BA8B-74A43C93850C.jpeg
    DC82692C-E8D3-42FF-BA8B-74A43C93850C.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 119
I'm not familiar with those. I have modified different arms in my rear suspension. My setup is unique, most likely, nobody has their cars done this way.
But I guess, those you need to adjust rear camber.

Back