Ravenol ZF Transmission fluid

:
16.5 CX-5 Grand Touring
Has anyone used this before? Can I mix it with Mazda ZF fluid? Planning on doing a drain a fill and I have a jug of this.

It costs $3.41 more per liter than the Mazda FZ on Amazon. Why not just stick with the genuine Mazda fluid?

I*ve not used it yet, but I have a case in the garage waiting for the trans fluid change in 7k miles. Order it from Blauparts and you can get it for substantially cheaper than the Mazda fluid.

It is probably fine. While Nissan/Infiniti is strict on Nissan Matic S in my G35x I am way...way past warranty and this Idemitsu fluid meets and/or exceeds all requirements. No problems in many months since doing some drain and fills.

I thought there was some speculation that Idemitsu made the Mazda moly oil.

It costs $3.41 more per liter than the Mazda FZ on Amazon. Why not just stick with the genuine Mazda fluid?

I agree with you I just happen to have a jug and wanted to not let it go to waste!

Thanks for all the help guys I'm going to go for it and will keep you updated if there are any adverse effects.

I*ve not used it yet, but I have a case in the garage waiting for the trans fluid change in 7k miles. Order it from Blauparts and you can get it for substantially cheaper than the Mazda fluid.

Yep that's where I got it from, it was very cheap!

Finally got around to doing this last night at 60K miles. Transmission was a little under filled and the fluid was pretty dark. Put in 4 quarts. Feels like it drives much smoother! Also changed the transfer case/front diff. Fluid was very dark and there was lots of sludge on the magnet.

Does the container say what ATs it can be used in? If not, sell it on eBay etc and purchase the FZ from MAZDA.

Finally got around to doing this last night at 60K miles. Transmission was a little under filled and the fluid was pretty dark. Put in 4 quarts. Feels like it drives much smoother! Also changed the transfer case/front diff. Fluid was very dark and there was lots of sludge on the magnet.
Another testimony that Mazda under-filled the ATF from factory.

Any reason why you changed gear lubricant only at front transfer case, but not rear differential? I bet if you measure it, the rear differential is also severe under-filled from factory.

Another testimony that Mazda under-filled the ATF from factory.

Any reason why you changed gear lubricant only at front transfer case, but not rear differential? I bet if you measure it, the rear differential is also severe under-filled from factory.
I did that earlier last year, since it was easy to get to. I have been putting off the transmission and front diff for awhile because I didn't want to deal with taking off the front splash shield.

I finally did this about a 1000 miles ago. I drained the fluid, let it come to room temperature so the volume would be the same as my other fluid, and just put back in the same amount. Level was fine when checked. I don't know if it's placebo but it seems like it shifts smoother. So far no ill effects.

I finally did this about a 1000 miles ago. I drained the fluid, let it come to room temperature so the volume would be the same as my other fluid, and just put back in the same amount. Level was fine when checked. I don't know if it's placebo but it seems like it shifts smoother. So far no ill effects.
Putting back the same amount, iMO, is no guarantee your ATF level is at the proper level as many had found the factory ATF level was low from factory when they checked by following the official instruction, ATF at 122°F with engine running:

I posted official ATF adjustment instruction for CX-5 by Mazda which includes ATF level measurement in post #25. And here’s the official ATF inspection instruction by Mazda, and both from Anchorman:

View attachment 223729
View attachment 223730

Back