NGK Cross reference # for 2017 CX-9 Spark Plug

:
2017 CX-9 Signature
So after pouring through the forums here I thought I had the correct one... LTR6IX-11.

That is not correct.

Can someone confirm the (Non Mazda brand) plug I require for my 2017 CX9, I cant find a cross reference anywhere.

Thanks

I don't think anyone has found a cross reference plug. The Mazda OE plug seems to be it.

Denso: "Sorry, we don't have any products in this category (Spark Plugs) that fit your vehicle, but you can use the left-hand navigation to select a different product type."

NGK: (position sensors, oxygen sensors, temperature sensors)...crickets about sparkplugs.

That is strange, 3 years now and nothing?

I see so many posts about what plugs are a good swap for pre 17's and there are some for the '17's but they tend to contradict one another.

Mazda does not have an internal plug mfg div so surely there is a cross ref out there.

I am at 100K (KM's) and really should be swapping, I guess I need to pony up for OEM...its not just the monies, I have disdain for OEM price gouging on the basis of being single source.

NGK 94124 is the replacement for the OE Denso. Other direct replacement brands are available as well.

As far as I remember when I worked there I stocked the 2017 cx9 spark plugs and they were just a ngk plug every Mazda plug I stocked was a reboxed ngk.

NGK 94124 is the replacement for the OE Denso. Other direct replacement brands are available as well.

Is this for the CX-9 with the 2.5 turbo or for the Mazda 2.5L (non-turbo)?

What is bizarre is that the 94124 are Iridium plugs. These last a very long time, usually close to 100k miles. Mazda recommends that we change them every 40k miles. I wonder why? Is the OEM plug a non-iridium plug?

What is bizarre is that the 94124 are Iridium plugs. These last a very long time, usually close to 100k miles. Mazda recommends that we change them every 40k miles. I wonder why? Is the OEM plug a non-iridium plug?
I believe that the turbo engines like CX-9 are 40K and the NA engines are 100K. In addition to our CX-9 we also have a Kia Optima turbo with Iridium plugs that have a 40K interval. There have been reports on the Kia forums that heat stress from the turbos, can crack the insulators. There have been reports of plug tips coming loose and damaging cylinder bores and valve on engines where plug changes were postponed. Not good for engine life.

Amazon shows NGK 94124 mentioned above as NOT a Fit for 2016 cx 9.

so what is the reference for NGK?
What about Bosch?
Do we have to get the dealer ones @ $25 per spark plug?
Thanks.

65BFB7F5-F14D-4686-A942-25012C959C81.png

So as per ngk.com , there is no NGK spark plug for the newer cx9??

DILKAR7M8 is on the side of the Mazda plug. I've found Australian sources but not North American sources.

I just changed the plugs. It took me 45 minutes for my first time. There is a plate above the coil packs that holds several relays & assorted stuff. 5 bolts in this, remove one hose on the driver's side, and there is enough flex in the hoses & wires to get the job done. A 14mm sparkplug socket is the only special tool. Other tools are assorted 8mm & 10 mm wrenches. And, surprise...it runs!

Last edited:
Back