Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Left Doors Unlocked

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    I wonder if the problem is that I walk away as the hatch is closing, and I'm out of range when it locks.

I'll try staying there as the hatch closes and see if that makes a difference.
    Nope, it won't.

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

I have the Walk Away feature turned on.

When I close the driver's door and have the fob on me (outside of the car), I get an initial Beep. When I walk away, it Beeps a couple of times to let me know that it locked. I believe the lights flash as well when it locks...I think.
    Beeps once when the doors are all closed. Beeps once when it locks. Beeps twice when it unlocks.

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Nope, it won't.
    Really???

I just tried reading the manual to see if mention was made of it, but the section on keys & door locks is a mind-numbing 26 pages full of options and variations on a beep-theme.

So what if I get out of the car without opening the hatch from within, close the driver's door, then open the hatch from the hatch and not from the inside button? Do you know if the car will lock after I close the hatch under that scenario?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by avoidin deer View Post
    really???

I just tried reading the manual to see if mention was made of it, but the section on keys & door locks is a mind-numbing 26 pages full of options and variations on a beep-theme.

So what if i get out of the car without opening the hatch from within, close the driver's door, then open the hatch from the hatch and not from the inside button? Do you know if the car will lock after i close the hatch under that scenario?
    If you have would take the time from posting and read the manual on locks and keys you would find that it all depends on what groceries you are unloading prior to the hatch closing. It is on one of the pages between 1-26 toward the bottom just above the last sentence. I read it the other night when I was trying to fall asleep. If I have another restless night after reading the Forum, I will try and locate the actual page. Are the groceries you are removing before closing the hatch organic? Process of elimination will set you free to close the doors with your FOB. Do not give up hope.

THERE IS A BUTTON ABOVE THE REAR LICENSE PLATE TO OPEN THE HATCH AND THERE IS A "SECRET" BUTTON TO THE RIGHT OF YOUR LICENSE PLATE ON THE HATCH THAT WILL LOCK ALL THE DOORS. WATCH THE VIDEO!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSouMjvjrX0
    Last edited by CX_FIVER; 10-21-2019 at 01:44 AM.

2014 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Really???

So what if I get out of the car without opening the hatch from within, close the driver's door, then open the hatch from the hatch and not from the inside button? Do you know if the car will lock after I close the hatch under that scenario?
    The walk away lock is sensitive. If you are 3-4 feet or more away from the car when the last door closes it won't activate the auto lock. You can try it yourself to see the range by having the drivers door open and standing back away from the car but just close enough for you to give the door a push to shut it with your outstretched arm. You'll be far enough away the auto lock won't engage.

The car will auto lock in the situation you described above but only if you stand next to the back of the car and wait for the hatch to fully close. Then you'll hear the single beep, and then the second beep when you walk away. If you press the hatch button to close it and start to walk away you will be out of range by the time the hatch gets fully latched so it won't work.

Current: 2017 CX-5 GT Machine Gray
    Past: 2014 CX-5 GT w/Tech Crystal White
    Hardwired V1 - (click here for instructions: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...-a-Valentine-1)

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

Really???

Sometimes it's a lot easier to just try it, ya know!

Registered Member
    Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Sometimes it's a lot easier to just try it, ya know!
    Agreed. That very thought was present in my mind as I typed. But it was 1AM. I wasn't gonna get off the couch
    Last edited by Avoidin Deer; 10-21-2019 at 09:53 AM.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

I wear skinny pants because well I'm a skinny dude lol. The drawback is when I have the keys in my pants and I'm wiping my wheels...I've remote started my car once

Donated: $25

2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico

Seminole you are absolutely right. I just tried shutting the door standing as far away as I could and sure enough...didn't lock. Thanks much.

One thing I'm not clear on and didn't find in the manual. My key has an "off" button in addition to "lock", "unlock" and "lift gate". Does that turn off the walk away locking feature?
    Last edited by Pitter; 10-21-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: afterthought

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by CX_FIVER View Post
    If you have would take the time from posting and read the manual on locks and keys you would find that it all depends on what groceries you are unloading prior to the hatch closing. It is on one of the pages between 1-26 toward the bottom just above the last sentence. I read it the other night when I was trying to fall asleep. If I have another restless night after reading the Forum, I will try and locate the actual page. Are the groceries you are removing before closing the hatch organic? Process of elimination will set you free to close the doors with your FOB. Do not give up hope.

THERE IS A BUTTON ABOVE THE REAR LICENSE PLATE TO OPEN THE HATCH AND THERE IS A "SECRET" BUTTON TO THE RIGHT OF YOUR LICENSE PLATE ON THE HATCH THAT WILL LOCK ALL THE DOORS. WATCH THE VIDEO!!!!

Great video!

Registered Member
    Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    That's quite odd. On my CX-9, I've turned off the car, opened the door and closed it (beeps once), then headed to the rear to open the liftgate. Unloaded all my groceries into the house (going in and out of range, for minutes at a time), and when I close the liftgate (and the fob is still in range), the auto-lock still primes. I wonder why it's different on the CX-9.
    The difference is not with the models, it's with my process.

I open the hatch using the dash button. Then I get out, shut the driver's door, remove my stuff from the already-opened hatch, then close it.

Had I followed your process, my CX-5 would have behaved just as your CX-9 does.

Contributor

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

The difference is not with the models, it's with my process.

I open the hatch using the dash button. Then I get out, shut the driver's door, remove my stuff from the already-opened hatch, then close it.

Had I followed your process, my CX-5 would have behaved just as your CX-9 does.
    Do you mean to say that opening the hatch using the dash button changes the way the auto-lock works? I just went out and tested your process, and auto-lock still works.

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding something.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by CX_FIVER View Post

Great video!

Registered Member

2013 CX-9 AWD, 2016.5 CX-5 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_R View Post
    "A passenger closing their door after I'm (and the key in my pocket) out of range is probably the scenario I've encountere"

+1 this happens to me once in awhile, if I walk out of range (maybe like 5 feet from car) and a passenger closes the door after I'm out of range, the doors won't lock automatically.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast