Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Left Doors Unlocked

Donated: $25

2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico

Left Doors Unlocked

Yesterday I came home, unloaded the groceries and went into the house. Had the "key" in my pocket. This morning I went out and the mirrors were sticking out and the doors were unlocked. How'd that happen? I certainly don't want a repeat when I'm in the city.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Reserve

Did you lock the doors before you went in the house? Maybe the unlock button got pressed in your pocket. Maybe your neighbors have hacking software. Could be any number of possibilities. Not sure how to prove/disprove any of them.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitter View Post
    Yesterday I came home, unloaded the groceries and went into the house. Had the "key" in my pocket. This morning I went out and the mirrors were sticking out and the doors were unlocked. How'd that happen? I certainly don't want a repeat when I'm in the city.
    Happens to me every once in awhile. You have it set to auto lock? If you walk away too fast, it may not lock. There's another thread discussing this at length.

That said, I always listen for the second beep, so it may be that it occasionally performs outside of it's intended parameters, aka fails, like so many of our electronic aids.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pitter View Post
    If I don't press the lock button, my doors don't lock either

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Happens to me every once in awhile. You have it set to auto lock? If you walk away too fast, it may not lock. There's another thread discussing this at length.

That said, I always listen for the second beep, so it may be that it occasionally performs outside of it's intended parameters, aka fails, like so many of our electronic aids.
    I experience the same occasionally. Autolock with "walkaway mode". If I walk away too fast sometimes it doesn't autolock. As pointed out, listen for the second beep.

2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD

On my Sport, pressing the lock button on the keyfob 3x sounds the horn very briefly so you know the vehicle is locked. I don't know if the antenna key versions are the same.

Donated: $25

2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico

Thanks very much, I guess I walked away too fast.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Touring

I haven't quite figured it out but when any door besides the driver's is opened, there's some situations where the doors don't automatically lock. I think they have always automatically locked when only the driver's door gets opened.

Registered Member

Mazda 6 Tourer

If you close the tailgate AFTER you close the car doors then the car will NOT lock.
    Open and close a door after you have unloaded the groceries.
    If you close the door with the key "out of range" it will NOT lock. This can be as little as a metre or a yard.
    The car should "beep" when the door is closed and the key is in range and "beep again" when the key moves away.
    Ours is a UK model but I do not see that yours can be different.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by aljshep View Post
    If you close the tailgate AFTER you close the car doors then the car will NOT lock.
    Open and close a door after you have unloaded the groceries.
    If you close the door with the key "out of range" it will NOT lock. This can be as little as a metre or a yard.
    The car should "beep" when the door is closed and the key is in range and "beep again" when the key moves away.
    Ours is a UK model but I do not see that yours can be different.
    Oh, thank you for the details! A passenger closing their door after I'm (and the key in my pocket) out of range is probably the scenario I've encountered but I just didn't know exactly why.

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    I have mine set on Auto Lock.

It seems that the Auto Lock either does not work or is disabled (or there's some weird sequence of events) if I open the hatch to get my groceries out. When I close the driver's door when the hatch is open and then close the hatch, it's as though Auto Lock does not work.

So it seems. I have not tested this.

A few days ago I had my first instance of walking up to my car after shopping and realizing I had left the thing running. I've almost done this once before. Damned keyless stuff...

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post

It seems that the Auto Lock either does not work or is disabled (or there's some weird sequence of events) if I open the hatch to get my groceries out. When I close the driver's door when the hatch is open and then close the hatch, it's as though Auto Lock does not work.

So it seems. I have not tested this.
    You are correct. Doesn't make sense to me, but seems to be by design.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    On my Sport, pressing the lock button on the keyfob 3x sounds the horn very briefly so you know the vehicle is locked. I don't know if the antenna key versions are the same.
    I got used to pressing the lock button on the door as I exit, since it is hard to hear the car lock when pressing the fob and I rather not hear the horn beep by pressing the fob button again.

Registered Member
    Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    You are correct. Doesn't make sense to me, but seems to be by design.
    I wonder if the problem is that I walk away as the hatch is closing, and I'm out of range when it locks.

I'll try staying there as the hatch closes and see if that makes a difference. I can't pick through the 26 mind-numbing pages of the manual on keys/doors/locks tonight to see if this is addressed. It makes my eyes glaze over. SO many options on functionality & behaviour & #beeps.

Registered Member
    Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    I have the Walk Away feature turned on.

When I close the driver's door and have the fob on me (outside of the car), I get an initial Beep. When I walk away, it Beeps a couple of times to let me know that it locked. I believe the lights flash as well when it locks...I think.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast