Tiny Paint Chip

2019 CX-5 in Snowflake White Pearl Mica.. just saw this tiny chip on the front left bumper side.

Should I use a touch up paint? Any recommendations?

Or should I just leave it as it is?

Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

You definitely want to fix it, as metal panels can and will rust and or spread without a protective coating. The bumper is plastic so it won't rust but the chip can get bigger if not fixed.

Pearls are harder to match than metallics, so I recommend using the factory touch up paint for the best match. You have to shake the paint thoroughly to mix it well. Price is pretty reasonable on Amazon, and actually cheaper than the aftermarket knock-off kits.

You definitely want to fix it, as metal panels can and will rust and or spread without a protective coating. The bumper is plastic so it won't rust but the chip can get bigger if not fixed.

Pearls are harder to match than metallics, so I recommend using the factory touch up paint for the best match. You have to shake the paint thoroughly to mix it well. Price is pretty reasonable on Amazon, and actually cheaper than the aftermarket knock-off kits.

That part is plastic, not metal. No risk of rust

Given your car is White and the bumper where the damage is Black, touch up paint would make it look a lot better.

The two colors are such contrasting the damage is very apparent. Dr. Color Chip or any other touch up paint would hide the under color Black.

It would make if "Great from a far but far from good" close up.

Latest posts

Back