Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Potential 2020 CX-5 Spotted in Mazda Hofu

2017 CX-5 GT - Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Moving to Touch screens? They're moving to voice control. See the latest Mercedes commercials where the driver asks to make it cooler.

Back on topic... 2020 CX-5s get the new heads up display from the redesigned 3(seen in the above commercial)? We've heard in North America, possibly the addition of Paddle shifters?

Given we see in the pics 2020s are already past Job#1 and are being produced, why can't Mazda North America confirm the features so buyers can decide if the 2020 is worth the wait or pull the plug on a 2019?

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 GT

I thought it was confirmed. The GTR and Signature get a larger 8" screen. Paddle shifters on the wheel for GT, GTR and Signature. I didn't know about the improved heads up display.

Registered Member

Mazda3

Hope Mazda has some kind of plan for 2020. The CX-5 sales are going to get cannibalized by the RAV4/CRV Hybrids. Toyota is also coming out with a PHEV RAV4 next year. Gas is almost $4 here and since most people live in urban areas where gas prices are usually higher, MPG matters. Donít know why they just didnít decide to build a hybrid instead of this SkyActiv-X stuff. People donít want to be early adopters to this kind of tech.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson View Post
    Hope Mazda has some kind of plan for 2020. The CX-5 sales are going to get cannibalized by the RAV4/CRV Hybrids. Toyota is also coming out with a PHEV RAV4 next year. Gas is almost $4 here and since most people live in urban areas where gas prices are usually higher, MPG matters. Don*t know why they just didn*t decide to build a hybrid instead of this SkyActiv-X stuff. People don*t want to be early adopters to this kind of tech.
    why would people living in urban areas care more about mpg?...they should be driving less. Personally, I live in a rural area, but only drive 8-10k miles a year. MPG is meaningless to me. A 10 MPG difference would save me $200 a year..give me the turbo all day long.

Registered Member

2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

i'm going to say, that the nav system and HUD will be the same OS as the current 2019's.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBoy View Post
    Moving to Touch screens? They're moving to voice control. See the latest Mercedes commercials where the driver asks to make it cooler.

Back on topic... 2020 CX-5s get the new heads up display from the redesigned 3(seen in the above commercial)? We've heard in North America, possibly the addition of Paddle shifters?

Given we see in the pics 2020s are already past Job#1 and are being produced, why can't Mazda North America confirm the features so buyers can decide if the 2020 is worth the wait or pull the plug on a 2019?

2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD

Basically the same. No changes to hud, minor graphics changes to nav.

Registered Member

Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    why would people living in urban areas care more about mpg?...they should be driving less. Personally, I live in a rural area, but only drive 8-10k miles a year. MPG is meaningless to me. A 10 MPG difference would save me $200 a year..give me the turbo all day long.

More like a 20 MPG difference between the Turbo and the Hybrid. Youíre essentially getting twice as much distance in one tank by getting the Hybrid over the Turbo. And the city driving matters because Hybrids offer better fuel economy when driving in the city vs highway. That and both of these vehicles have larger interiors and the RAV doesnít use a Turbo which will likely result in better long term reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    The tagline is fine. It's the ads themselves.
    You are in the minority here. Very few of us like that. It's not even remotely memorable.

Zoom Zoom
    Driving Matters
    Feel Alive

2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD

I didn't say it was good. I think we can agree the ads themselves are utterly atrocious.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

More like a 20 MPG difference between the Turbo and the Hybrid. You*re essentially getting twice as much distance in one tank by getting the Hybrid over the Turbo. And the city driving matters because Hybrids offer better fuel economy when driving in the city vs highway. That and both of these vehicles have larger interiors and the RAV doesn*t use a Turbo which will likely result in better long term reliability.
    Yeah, and young people like doing things that (appear) are more eco friendly.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

Registered Member

Soon to be 2.5T CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    I agree. Hope Iím never forced to drive a hybrid. Give me the turbo and a gas burner forever, please. Same goes for this self parking and driving stuff. I hope Iím dead and gone before that stuff is allowed to take over.

2017 CX-5 GT - Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Basically the same. No changes to hud, minor graphics changes to nav.
    In the video posted, it seems top be the updated hud in the 2019/2020 Mazda 3.
    https://youtu.be/-cppUq2nNw4?t=20

Commercial however is listed as 2018.
    Last edited by SonicBoy; 10-28-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Registered Member

'14 Mazda CX-5 GT

More like a 20 MPG difference between the Turbo and the Hybrid. You*re essentially getting twice as much distance in one tank by getting the Hybrid over the Turbo. And the city driving matters because Hybrids offer better fuel economy when driving in the city vs highway. That and both of these vehicles have larger interiors and the RAV doesn*t use a Turbo which will likely result in better long term reliability.
    The RAV4 Hybrid's MPG rating is impressive, but has anyone seen real world results yet?

Registered Member

Mazda3

Quote Originally Posted by jcrout7992 View Post
    The RAV4 Hybrid's MPG rating is impressive, but has anyone seen real world results yet?

https://youtu.be/z3IN0UcxX5s

According to the video, the Turbo gets just over 20 MPG in real world driving and the Hybrid gets just over 40.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

https://youtu.be/z3IN0UcxX5s

According to the video, the Turbo gets just over 20 MPG in real world driving and the Hybrid gets just over 40.
    I'm at 26.4 for just under 22K miles so far, including plenty of hooning around, in my turbo, so take that with a grain of salt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast