2017 CX5 Touring +pkg..Is there a sleep mode to save battery life?

:
Mazda CX5 Touring with PEP
Give a quick overview of vehicle status and then problem. As stated 2017, I am a commercial driver so when I go to work I am gone and the car is parked for several days at a time. Last night and a few other times I get back from my trip and have to unload the work vehicle of my luggage and gear, I activate the auto lift gate and nothing. Try again, nothing. Push push push nothing. Last night I tried to unlock the driver door with the touch button on the handle, it too would not work. So I got the remote out of my pocket and tried working it. Still no joy. Finally, I went back to the hatch and tried it and everything opened and worked. Also today, all is well. This last instance the car sat for about 36hours. The common denominator I experience is the car sat for a at least 24hrs before this phenomena happens. Had never done this in the past.

Battery getting weak? it is a 2017 bought in November of 2017 and a born on date of August 2017

Sounds like a weak battery. 36 hrs should not affect it. I let my 16 sit for 8 days and it fired right up. I replace the battery every 3 yrs regardless.
You might want to think about a trickle charger (if you have a garage or guarded area) otherwise when you return start it and drive it for about 10 miles straight. That will recharge the battery. If you replace the battery get the highest rating for the vehicle.

Strange. Sounds more like the fob battery to me.

I would think that if the battery were getting weak, you might eventually get the hatch to open but starting the car would be a whole 'nuther struggle.

I finally got around to calling the dealership today for this problem and another nitpick problem. They wanted to give me a loner for a few days while the car sits at their lot which is a non starter for me as the dealer is a bit far away and work schedule becomes a bit prohibitive. They did not have a loner for me, so I advised that they call me when one becomes available. They called me back a few minutes later and asked if the fob battery had been changed, it had not, 2 years old. They advised to change yearly. So today I bought and changed out batteries on both fobs. I will see if it helps as the car will be sitting for several days this weekend and it will be cold outside.

Problem #2 is a noise that the driver door lock makes after I lock it. You hear the click of the lock and then a faint "ziiiiiiiiph". Was not there when I bought the car, don't want it there now.

Mystery solved

I finally got around to calling the dealership today for this problem and another nitpick problem. They wanted to give me a loner for a few days while the car sits at their lot which is a non starter for me as the dealer is a bit far away and work schedule becomes a bit prohibitive. They did not have a loner for me, so I advised that they call me when one becomes available. They called me back a few minutes later and asked if the fob battery had been changed, it had not, 2 years old. They advised to change yearly. So today I bought and changed out batteries on both fobs. I will see if it helps as the car will be sitting for several days this weekend and it will be cold outside.

Problem #2 is a noise that the driver door lock makes after I lock it. You hear the click of the lock and then a faint "ziiiiiiiiph". Was not there when I bought the car, don't want it there now.

The car opened up on the first push of the rear hatch release after sitting for several days in the cold. So it was the batteries in the fobs going weak after 2 years.

Back