Could use some help - relay wiring diagram needed

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Could use some help from all the wiring gurus. I'm good enough to make any soldering connections and run wires, but want to make sure that I'm about to tackle this properly.

I installed the Fortin EVO One in conjunction with drone mobile (even soldered the parking light connections in the switch housing). Everything works perfectly, except the trunk/power Liftgate opening.

Fortin indicated that I need to wire in the evo's aux output, yellow/black on the 20 pin connector, to the vehicles Liftgate wire. The rep over the phone indicated that I needed a relay to wire to the Liftgate button near the steering wheel.

Here's the guide I used for install: https://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/68261/evo-one_ig_thr_bi_maz3-3-6-cx5_pts_2014-2017_1key_a_68261.pdf

Here's what I know so far

Trunk trigger wire is the yellow/black wire (A13) from the Fortin harness (750 mA negative output)
CX-5 Liftgate activation wire is the red one behind the switch
CX-5 Liftgate common wire is the green one behind the switch

My question is, does it seem as though a relay is really needed or can this be simplified with only a one wire solution (I think not because the open or closing of the Liftgate only happens when the red and green wires are jumped). If a relay is needed, any assistance on the proper wiring diagram would be appreciated. I have no issues with adding wiring and spade connectors, but again, the proper connections on the relay is where I may get confused. Can anyone detail what gets connected to what?

If a relay is needed, I assume a 4 pin will suffice?

EDIT: It seems as though I can connect the yellow/black wire to #85 on the relay, green wire from the trunk switch in the dashboard to #30, red wire from the switch to #87 and a 12V constant power source to #86. Does that look right? Any reason I can't splice #86 & #30 on the relay together and connect them both to the green common wire on the trunk switch.

Last edited:
Hey Candurin,
i would just post this to the main forum as well..good luck man.

Thanks Young! I got it done. For anyone interested this is the proper wiring when wanted to have the lift gate functionality with the dronemobile kit:

Red from switch to 30 of relay.
Green from switch to 87 of relay.
Wire from alarm system to 85 of relay.
Constant power to 86 of relay. I used the top left mini fuse in the drivers kick panel for constant 12v.

And yes, trunk release works when the car is running as well.

Last edited:
Back