Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Man I hate driving my CX-5

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    I must have missed something. Turbos perform BETTER in the cold. Does the Mazda not?!?
    A few people have complained of performance degradation in cold temps. Ours does not have the issue, so it must be a fluke with some builds.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    It does not. No boost below 20*F I don't believe. Yes, very odd. My 0-60 was about 10.5 seconds on clean ,dry pavement with no spin, in 15*F-ish weather.
    Again, not all of us experience this. We've driven ours in below 0 temps and it still performs as expected.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    A few people have complained of performance degradation in cold temps. Ours does not have the issue, so it must be a fluke with some builds.
    Or you just don't notice it, which is what I'm betting. Get out your stopwatch and you'll be shocked. Go ahead and try it and see what's up.

Again, not all of us experience this. We've driven ours in below 0 temps and it still performs as expected.
    So you say...show us a video. It's actually harder to seat-of-the-pants than you think.

Literally everyone who has actually done this, reports the same. I do not trust human perception for beans.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Or you just don't notice it, which is what I'm betting. Get out your stopwatch and you'll be shocked. Go ahead and try it and see what's up.
    Sure, I will in a month or so when it gets down there again. But, I'll guarantee it's not a 10 sec 0-60 vehicle in the cold. You should have yours checked.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by meow_man View Post
    +1 on the turbo. I'm a long time former VW owner. Pre test drive I assumed I'd just get the Tiguan. My dealer sells VW & Mazda. I drove the Tiguan back to back with the GTR & went with the GTR. No regrets.
    Honestly the VW could use a bit more power also. I feel like the R-Line should come with the non b-cycle 2.0T like they use in many other vehicles. It has a few different variations in power but something closer to the 250 HP mark would make a world of difference IMO.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Sure, I will in a month or so when it gets down there again. But, I'll guarantee it's not a 10 sec 0-60 vehicle in the cold. You should have yours checked.
    Post your video, and then I'll "have mine checked". What should they check, exactly? Nothing is wrong with it to check.

Registered Member

Realistically is the fuel consumption decrease on the Turbo a huge amount over say 8 years of driving?

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Post your video, and then I'll "have mine checked". What should they check, exactly? ...
    Well, the obvious would be something with your turbo.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Well, the obvious would be something with your turbo.
    Nothing is wrong with the turbo. It runs just fine above 20*F, and this is a problem which everyone who has a 2.5T from Mazda who has actually put one on a clock has. Including one of the techs at the dealership on his personal CX9. It's just a Mazda tune quirk. SavageGeese says they know about it, I believe, but didn't elaborate.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Nothing is wrong with the turbo. It runs just fine above 20*F, and this is a problem which everyone who has a 2.5T from Mazda who has actually put one on a clock has. Including one of the techs at the dealership on his personal CX9. It's just a Mazda tune quirk. SavageGeese says they know about it, I believe, but didn't elaborate.
    So, you think all CX-9's have this too? Why hasn't there been a huge outcry then? A lot of people who own CX-9's and CX-5's with the turbo live in cold climates. They even introduced the CX-5 Sig in Canada when it was snowing. I didn't see/hear of anyone complaining of it then. I think SG may have experienced something, but I don't remember him claiming it happened 100% during his test drive. There may be some environmental issue going on, but it is not as widespread as you are making it out to be.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

So, you think all CX-9's have this too? Why hasn't there been a huge outcry then? A lot of people who own CX-9's and CX-5's with the turbo live in cold climates. They even introduced the CX-5 Sig in Canada when it was snowing. I didn't see/hear of anyone complaining of it then. I think SG may have experienced something, but I don't remember him claiming it happened 100% during his test drive. There may be some environmental issue going on, but it is not as widespread as you are making it out to be.
    Post your video, then we can we-address it.

Also keep in mind that you think yours is 100% good to go, so when you post your video, if you see 9-10+ second 0-60's, then you'll understand why there has been no huge outcry.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

Lol, here I am put-putting along in my Ď13 2 liter. Itís a perfect commuter, and it handles curvy hilly roads very nicely. Will it shoot up these tall hills in Northern Alabama? Nope. But it handles confidently and gets 32 mpg to and from work

Contributor

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Asking a favour.. if you guys have video footage or if you've timed your runs, please post your results here as well:
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...our-0-60-times

Registered Member

2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

well that's the thing, if you haven't or didn't drive the turbo, you won't miss it..

Registered Member

MPG is subjective to how you drive, how the terrain is, and how bad the traffic is. I am averaging 23.5 after 4000 miles on my 2019 Signature. On highways, in LA traffic, I get 23-25. I think I will get better on freeways in other cities with less traffic, and more flat terrains.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast