2017~2024 Here's My New Ride!

Picked her up on 10/12/19. CX-5 GT in Deep Crystal Blue. Drove her home from the dealer, and haven't driven her since ... I'm actually reading the manual in order to understand all the new technological features.

Attachments

• ab418e2d-a01a-4fd1-9a59-0ee75e16fb99.jpg
    ab418e2d-a01a-4fd1-9a59-0ee75e16fb99.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 789
Picked her up on 10/12/19. CX-5 GT in Deep Crystal Blue. Drove her home from the dealer, and haven't driven her since ... I'm actually reading the manual in order to understand all the new technological features.

Congratulations, looks nice in that color.
I took delivery of my silver clone GTR on the same day. I set up the essentials so I could drive it and then read a chapter at a time in the manual so as to not be overwhelmed.
It's not nearly as much fun looking at it sitting in the garage! It wants to be driven!!!

Nice! It came with the bow? ;-) I would check your oil level for reference, before you drive it too far. Some said their oil level was between the low and full marks. Mine was right at the full mark when new.

I got a touring in the same color this past Thursday! After 250mi the burning stank is finally starting to fade.

I was super pleasantly surprised to find out I can stream music from my phone via bluetooth... I cant be arsed to plug into android auto for a 10min drive to work.

Congratulations! I bought a blue Signature about a month ago. Love every minute I'm in it.

Beautiful. I was initially looking for a Crystal Blue, but ended up with Machine Gray - all the colors look great on this car though.

Beautiful. I was initially looking for a Crystal Blue, but ended up with Machine Gray - all the colors look great on this car though.

The machine gray is gorgeous! My wife liked the Crystal Blue because she said when the light hits it and it sparkles "it looks like a party." Go figure!

I got a touring in the same color this past Thursday! After 250mi the burning stank is finally starting to fade.

I was super pleasantly surprised to find out I can stream music from my phone via bluetooth... I cant be arsed to plug into android auto for a 10min drive to work.

New cars are full of chemical vapors. I ran a box fan inside mine with the windows open for the first day after coming home. Helped air out some of the stank.

Happy to report the Mazda OEM rubber floormats and rubber cargo mats do not have any lingering smell after I hosed them off and air dried them.

51FwvQ1Qm0L.jpg

The Mazda OEM Rubber Cargo Mat is worth every penny for 80 bucks. I would consider it a must have...
I agree. Part of my order arriving today for my new GTR. Wasn't able to salvage the one from my first GTR. OEM accessories are available online for way less than the local dealers.
OEM rubber mat, OEM cargo cover, illuminated door sills (pricey but made me smile every time I opened the door of my first GTR)

I'd suggest some paint protection film. At least on the piano black parts on the B-pillars, C-pillars, and by the side mirrors. They scratch incredibly easily. Same with the piano black on the door switches and around the center console.

I'd suggest some paint protection film. At least on the piano black parts on the B-pillars, C-pillars, and by the side mirrors. They scratch incredibly easily. Same with the piano black on the door switches and around the center console.

Good idea. I've thought about adding clear film to the headlights as well, because they are expensive to replace. Anyone here had experience with that?

I've seen clear vinyl turn nasty, but that's usually after 5 or so years and I'm not sure I would keep the vehicle that long. And at that point, you could simply remove it (though it's not easy if the material has degraded thoroughly, closer to the 10 year mark).

Last edited:
Back