2017~2024 Here's My New Ride!

51FwvQ1Qm0L.jpg

The Mazda OEM Rubber Cargo Mat is worth every penny for 80 bucks. I would consider it a must have. It's about 12 pounds of solid rubber, a perfect fit, and keeps cargo from sliding around. Nothing wrong with the Weathertech, but this is OEM and about half the price (with shipping). It also adds another layer of sound deadening. Amazon has it for cheaper than the Mazda dealer.

I agree - the Mazda OEM rubber cargo mat is great. Things stay in place back there with that mat - nothing slides around.

I also like the Maxpider floormats for the front and rear - really sharp looking. The WeatherTech mats are nice as well, I just preferred the look of the Maxpider floormats.

I also purchased the OEM cargo cover for the back area. It was pricey (around $180) but I feel it's worth it for hiding cargo and gives the car a more upscale feel.

Update: So, for now, I got the OEM cargo tray, all weather mats, and mud flaps (installed), all at dealer cost. I also got the dealer to throw in for free the OEM retractable cargo cover.

Good idea. I've thought about adding clear film to the headlights as well, because they are expensive to replace. Anyone here had experience with that?

I've been thinking about doing that myself. I was going to attempt buying some film on ebay and shaping/cutting it to fit the headlights myself, but headlightarmor.com sells precut films that would be a lot easier to apply (really expensive though).

what's the purpose of the rubber cargo mat? Just so things won't slide? Can't see the purchase for just grocery bags, but it does look nice...just don't see the practicality for me.

what's the purpose of the rubber cargo mat? Just so things won't slide? Can't see the purchase for just grocery bags, but it does look nice...just don't see the practicality for me.

It does keep stuff from sliding but for me I'm always hauling stuff around in the back. It protects the carpet & if you spill anything you can just take it out & hose it off. As mentioned above it's a nice heavy rubber mat. I got mine online for $61, well worth it to me.

for $61 I might be tempted lol ..have a link?
Edit-I found it for $61 with $10 shipping from BAM wholesale..anywhere cheaper?

Last edited:
A cheap but not nearly as good alternative is this mover's blanket. It is large enough to cover the back seats when they are in the down position. <a href="https://www.harborfreight.com/72-inch-x-80-inch-movers-blanket-66537.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDk2NDkyMTYiLCJza3UiOiI2NjUzNyIsImlzIjoiNS45OSIsInByb2R1Y3RfaWQi%0D%0AOiI0NzQ3In0%3D%0D%0A">Movers Blanket</a>

I've been thinking about doing that myself. I was going to attempt buying some film on ebay and shaping/cutting it to fit the headlights myself, but headlightarmor.com sells precut films that would be a lot easier to apply (really expensive though).

What I did was buy bulk film (3M's Pro Series for me) to cover the frontal part of the hood. Then use the scraps for the headlights and other stuff. 18inch x 6 feet roll costs under $60 on ebay. Then again I've got some DIY experience doing this sort of stuff.

The CX-5's headlights are not easy for 1st timers. There's a tough contour that requires you to "work" the film a whole lot more than flat headlight covers. I'd recommend you shop for a pro to custom do it than the DIY pre-cut headlight kit.

I did my CX-5 with a pre-cut kit and my Mazda6 with bulk film. It was easier with bulk film since I did not have to worry about setting the film perfectly aligned. I also had more leverage pulling on the film over contours....and if I messed up I'd just cut me another piece.

Last edited:
Good for you. So many start asking questions before even reading the manual. Enjoy your great ride and that blue is my favorite color. Ed

Thanks. Already have a few scratches on that nutty piano black finish on the pillars. Not a good design choice. However, it's inevitable that they'll get scratched, so I'm not gonna worry about it.

Back