when does low fuel indicator come on?

About 2 gal left for mine. Dash estimate is VERY conservative.

Mine indicator came on with 67 km to go... or about 9 litres of fuel left in the tank.

Wade

That's a good question. My wife never looks at the fuel gauge. I checked it tonight and it was just about on "E" with a range of 27 miles left according to the dash readout.
I wish it would pop-up in the HUD at around 50 miles left so my wife would be forced to get gas.

I wish it would pop-up in the HUD at around 50 miles left so my wife would be forced to get gas.

Good luck with that. If you figure out something that works please share with the rest of us.(bowdown)

I've kept track of my mileage from Day 1. My Low Fuel Indicator has never come on.

Rounding the amount, my fill-ups have been:

(6) 11 gallon fill-ups
(7) 12 gallon fill-ups
(3) 13 gallon fill-ups (Ranging from 12.5 to 13.0)

Last edited:
I usually don't let it run that low, but the last couple of times I've done this, there was 10+L/2.5+ gallons left in the tank.

I ran mine for about 10 miles after the light came on and I was able to fill up 13.1 gallons. So about 2 gallons sound right.

My last fill up was 12.1 gal, and had a 25 mile range left, I've never seen the light come on. May be next time, I should drive until range drops to 0?

My last fill up was 12.1 gal, and had a 25 mile range left, I've never seen the light come on. May be next time, I should drive until range drops to 0?

You can try it. You'll be far from out of fuel.

There was a heated discussion already of the downsides (or lack thereof) on fuel pump life when letting the fuel level get too low.

I'm surprised this conversation has not resurrected it.

There was a heated discussion already of the downsides (or lack thereof) on fuel pump life when letting the fuel level get too low.

I'm surprised this conversation has not resurrected it.

Yeah, it's really nice when we don't re-litigate every issue every few months!

fuel tank capacities (2019 US models)

2WD: 14.8 gallons
AWD: 15.3 gallons

So the past few tanks I've been filling up when it says anywhere from 2-10 miles to empty. When I filled up this evening it was indicating 2 mile range left. Just like the last few fill ups I put int 13.5 gallons. Does this mean there are almost 2 more gallons left in the tank that the miles to go indicator is ignoring (I have the Reserve so it's a 15.3 gallon tank)? If that's the case I'm guessing when it says 0 we probably have at least another 20-30 miles to go before it's really empty. I honestly thought that the tank was only 13.5 gallons because that's about what I've been filling up with the whole time.

Back