CX-5 vs Lexus NX

Wow, Lexus, pay more get less and what a tiny trunk.

Needs an RDX comparison, NX is long in the tooth already. Not surprised it beat the NX.

Last edited:
They need to really convince the RAV4, Rogue and CRV people that the CX-5 is a worthy option. I spend lots of time in a Rogue - which must get the majority of its sales from the rental market - and it is a terrible vehicle with a sole exception. The infotainment system is much better than the Mazda. CarPlay starts in less than a nano second and the screen is a higher resolution so everything looks better. And the touch method works very well in CarPlay.

They need to really convince the RAV4, Rogue and CRV people that the CX-5 is a worthy option. I spend lots of time in a Rogue - which must get the majority of its sales from the rental market - and it is a terrible vehicle with a sole exception. The infotainment system is much better than the Mazda. CarPlay starts in less than a nano second and the screen is a higher resolution so everything looks better. And the touch method works very well in CarPlay.

It's gotten crazy when people buy a vehicle based on the entertainment system.

Yeah people went totally nuts over AA/CP. Infotainment is a big deal to some (not me).

It's gotten crazy when people buy a vehicle based on the entertainment system.

Honestly, as terrible as it sounds, the Rogue is the car of the future. Nobody cares about the driving experience. The Rogue has a great infotainment system, radar controlled cruise control, semi-automated driving and zero driving feel. The perfect car for America.

I have heard in China, infotainment systems are the #1 driver of car sales. People there want cutting edge tech and that is what is driving the industry.

and ugly.

Agreed.
How long until they rethink that hideous hourglass grill that's across their whole line of vehicles? Crazy how they've latched onto that thing and won't let it go.
Deal breaker for me.

I bought my CX-5 before Android Auto was an option. I had my phone stuck to the windshield with a suction cup. I loved the car then, but am much happier now that it also has Android Auto, even and the expensive upgrade price. The stock navigation is in many ways worse than my 20 year old Acura's.

Now if only I could get the turn by turn directions from Android Auto in the heads up display :)

No contest between these two. Unless someone just likes to say "I drive a Lexus".

I bought my CX-5 before Android Auto was an option. I had my phone stuck to the windshield with a suction cup. I loved the car then, but am much happier now that it also has Android Auto, even and the expensive upgrade price. The stock navigation is in many ways worse than my 20 year old Acura's.

Now if only I could get the turn by turn directions from Android Auto in the heads up display :)

I used the Nav twice last week and it did the job.

Back