Where to find Tokico blues

I picked up a P5 earlier this year as a daily driver. I had an 02 LX with tokico blue/tein s tech combo back in 2009-2012 and loved them. I just cant seem to find tokico blues anywhere. Found a couple of websites with them listed but they are both out of stock (from manufacturer I suppose).

The struts on the car were trashed so I replaced them with KYB Excel G with stock springs for now. So couple of questions for you guys here:

1. Where can I find a set of Tokico blues? No one seems to have them anymore.

2. Is anyone running KYB Excel G with Tein S Tech combo? If so, how do you like them? I cant imagine the OEM replacement struts would last too long with aftermarket springs.

2. Is anyone running KYB Excel G with Tein S Tech combo? If so, how do you like them? I cant imagine the OEM replacement struts would last too long with aftermarket springs.

Unfortunately, you're right on the money. No one has them anymore, and if they do, they're missing the rear-left(?). I spent too much damn time looking for them myself, and gave up. They're pretty expensive too...couple them with some aftermarket springs, and you're looking at the same price range as some coilovers. Yellowspeed still makes sets for our car, so you might as well go for those.

Personally, I'm running some Eibach lowering springs with OEM struts. Folks generally agree that lowering any more than 2.5" on stock dampers is when premature wear-out sets in, and there aren't a whole lot of springs that slam our cars out there anymore.

I really enjoy the new-found handling characteristics of the springs. I've found that my slip angle decreased, that I can feel the road better, and that the car's more responsive. I can toss the thing whenever I want to, as well. It's never going to be as good as Tokico blues, whites, or greens, but it's excellent bang-for-buck performance. Just gotta get those fenders rolled, and it'll be good.

Thanks Riot_Polizei. I figured the Tokico blues are pretty much extinct now. Parts for our cars arent easy to come by these days.

I dont have much faith in the lower tier brand coilovers like Yellowspeed, etc. The you get what you pay for is often true. Ill do a bit more research on them though. My P5 might be worth $4k on its best day so I dont want to spend too much money on it even though I dont plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

Yeah, a full set of Tokico blues are as rare as a unicorn.
I don't feel Yellowspeeds are that much of a "lower tier" brand, heck I was thinking of those before ultimately deciding on BC coilovers because of the color scheme hehe.
And I live with that you get what you pay for mentality too, although I've been leaning more on "buy cheap, buy twice" lately. :p
If you're not looking on spending much, I was on Tein springs on OEM struts for quite awhile before hopping on coilovers.

Yeah, a full set of Tokico blues are as rare as a unicorn.
I don't feel Yellowspeeds are that much of a "lower tier" brand, heck I was thinking of those before ultimately deciding on BC coilovers because of the color scheme hehe.
And I live with that you get what you pay for mentality too, although I've been leaning more on "buy cheap, buy twice" lately. :p
If you're not looking on spending much, I was on Tein springs on OEM struts for quite awhile before hopping on coilovers.

Thanks! Thats kinda what I was looking for. How long did your OEM struts last with the springs? Or what made you switch to BC coilovers?

Thanks! That*s kinda what I was looking for. How long did your OEM struts last with the springs? Or what made you switch to BC coilovers?

They ran pretty well for a year and a half, but they were new struts to begin with. Just a pain having to compress the springs etc.
I wanted more adjustability because I wanted to go lower, that's pretty much it lol. Had small gaps that I wanted to close.

Back