It's a miracle! Scotty likes the gen2 Mazda CX-5

I think Ford could use some of Mazda's designs, what they're putting out for 2020 looks worse from every angle than what Mazda put out in 2017.

Putting aside the cheap looking doors and awkward proportions, how can their designers think those wheels look good? Or the front end styling?

One blurb I read when researching your comment said that Mazda had a hand in designing the Explorer.

I wonder about Dave Coleman, the Mazda designer you see on vids. I killed my LinkedIn account so can't look him up to see if he came to/stayed at Mazda from the Ford years.

Yeah, the earnings numbers have not been consistent and new car sales are trending downward. The car business is tough.

I spent part of my career with resellers of computer hardware & software. Prices and margins decline, and you gotta handle several times as many orders/shipments/invoices in order to generate the same amount of cash, while rents and other costs increase.

Lots of industries are like that, including service industries.

Even when times are good, times are tough.

I think Ford could use some of Mazda's designs, what they're putting out for 2020 looks worse from every angle than what Mazda put out in 2017.

Putting aside the cheap looking doors and awkward proportions, how can their designers think those wheels look good? Or the front end styling?

Right? What kind of idiotic car maker would put wheels like that on their.....wait. (uhm)

2007_mazda_mazdaspeed-6_sedan_grand-touring_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Right? What kind of idiotic car maker would put wheels like that on their.....wait. (uhm)

2007_mazda_mazdaspeed-6_sedan_grand-touring_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

That's a car from 2007 (with a different wheel design, as well), the compact SUV above is Ford's 2020 entry into a hot segment, and it looks bland.

Whether they're selling well or not, I have a hard time calling a compact SUV that can't go offroad "hot".

The Miata is better than the Fiata, the CX-5 is better than Ford's version and all is normal. Ford makes some nice cars though; GT, Raptor, etc. Don't sell 'em too short.

The vehicle is not advertised or sold as offroad capable, so I don't see how that's relevant. There are compromises that come with that capability, like a higher price tag, worse fuel economy, or Subaru/CVT ownership. The 4runner for example, has a relatively rough ride and a solid rear axle - great for offroad, not great for rough roads.

The Escape sells with lots of cash on the hood and with worse resale than the Mazda. And you have to look at that dour looking thing.

...the compact SUV above is Ford's 2020 entry into a hot segment, and it looks bland.

I saw two of them on the road, today, but hell if I could describe anything more than the highest-level design details. That thing is utterly forgettable.

Isn't it a 16.5 GT? Should be able to tell by the wheels?
7?

Impossible to tell because nothing really changed on the GT. Same wheels on 16 & 16.5.

I can't find out what Ford sold it for in late 2008, but right now Mazda stock is recovering from a 7 year low ($4.16 in August). Been as high as $13.35 (Dec 2013) and is currently at $4.37. I keep thinking about taking a small position, but reported sales are declining. Gonna watch & wait.

It's $4! Get a couple or 4 shares. Afraid to lose $16? :D
(I have 4. ;) )

Thread cleaned up. Any investment-related posts have been moved to this thread.

Leaving the LinkedIn posts intact as there is nowhere else to move them to, I think. That said, please keep threads on topic. Thanks.

Back