Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Touring vs. Touring GT ... Different Engine Performance

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    Were they giving you a hard time by the fifth car?
    LOL. No, the dealer was really quite accommodating and gave us no pressure at all. In fact, when I asked him which trim level HE would buy, he said the Touring w/PP. Reverse psychology perhaps, but he didn't try overtly to steer us in any particular direction. When he started to talk about add-ons at the desk, I told him I wasn't interested at all, and he didn't try to push any further. All in all, a nice experience, so far. Let's see what happens when I go to pick up the car ... I expect the general manager or the "finance" guy will try to boost profit before I'm out of there.

Registered Member
    Contributor

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Willie View Post
    So, in the grand scheme of things, the price difference was small enough between the two to justify the GT, particularly if I prorate it over a number of years.
    I always tell salespeople to leave me on my own...I'm great at up-selling myself.

Registered Member
    Contributor

LOL. Let's see what happens when I go to pick up the car ... I expect the general manager or the "finance" guy will try to boost profit before I'm out of there.
    Interesting the turn the sales experience taken.

They moved the hard-sell guy from the front end of the process and put him on the back end after the deal has been closed and you're not gonna walk away.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    Interesting the turn the sales experience taken.

They moved the hard-sell guy from the front end of the process and put him on the back end after the deal has been closed and you're not gonna walk away.
    I have already told the GM that I don't want to be hassled with the great upsell when I pick up the car. If he starts talking about protecting my "investment," I'll tell him politely that a car is not an investment ... it's a depreciating asset which is likely to lose at least 25% of it's value the minute I drive off the lot.

Registered Member
    Contributor

I have already told the GM that I don't want to be hassled with the great upsell when I pick up the car. If he starts talking about protecting my "investment," I'll tell him politely that a car is not an investment ... it's a depreciating asset which is likely to lose at least 25% of it's value the minute I drive off the lot.
    But...but...but...don't you want the guy who sweeps the shop floor to spray some ill-defined crap on your interior for the low, low price of $599.99??????

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    But...but...but...don't you want the guy who sweeps the shop floor to spray some ill-defined crap on your interior for the low, low price of $599.99??????
    Hey, I'm not dumb ... they'll reduce it to $499 if I agree right then and there. Such a bargain!

Registered Member

My wife and I both confirmed the rough starts on the Tourings vs the smooth starts on the GTs. Regardless, as soon as I sat in the GT and felt the leather, I realized that I didn't want to live with pleather and fake suede. It just felt and looked so much better. So, in the grand scheme of things, the price difference was small enough between the two to justify the GT, particularly if I prorate it over a number of years. Besides, you only go around once, and I decided to treat myself for a change since I've always had cloth seats.
    yeah..but once you go leather you need the heated seats in the Winter and ventilated seats in the Summer...welcome GTR and Signature..lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12