2017~2024 Frequent staining Signature interior

:
2019 cx-5 signature
I keep seeing whitish looking stains all over the seat and leather parts of the door panel. I suspect they're hand lotion stains from the Mrs.
To my surprise, it took some effort to scrub them out using Chemical Guys leather cleaner/conditioner. I scrubbed so hard that the dye started rubbing off.
Has anyone else noticed this? Any remedy? I left the stains for about a week until the cleaners arrived and am wondering if I waited too long.

I had some white 'stains' from something on the passenger seat of my CX. I think that it was sun block. I used some Aerospace 303 and it cleaned it right off, no forceful rubbing needed.

YMMV

Everything my wife touches in our '19 Sig has this whitish blemish. She has dry skin and uses lots of lotion. There's so much Napa leather on the sig - practically everywhere you touch. I am not the primary driver, but when I do I have to wipe everything down with a wet towel. That makes it less obvious.

It's definitely lotion or sunblock. I would advise against "scrubbing" too hard. Were you using their horsehair leather cleaning brush?

I would try a different cleaning product if you're having issues with colorfastness.

I had some white 'stains' from something on the passenger seat of my CX. I think that it was sun block. I used some Aerospace 303 and it cleaned it right off, no forceful rubbing needed.

YMMV
I will give aerospace 303 a try.

It's definitely lotion or sunblock. I would advise against "scrubbing" too hard. Were you using their horsehair leather cleaning brush?

I would try a different cleaning product if you're having issues with colorfastness.
No just microfiber auto detailing towel from Costco.

Everything my wife touches in our '19 Sig has this whitish blemish. She has dry skin and uses lots of lotion. There's so much Napa leather on the sig - practically everywhere you touch. I am not the primary driver, but when I do I have to wipe everything down with a wet towel. That makes it less obvious.
Ok. I guess it*s just the leather. I think the color of the leather makes the stains more visible.

I've had a similar issue in my cars on both my and the passenger's side with whitish marks on the upper inner door edge from resting forearms/elbows. Always assumed that some of us just slough off dead skin cells more than others. (wink) Not suggesting ever doing this on leather, but for the plastic door trim, I've found that one thing that works quickly and reliably is glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth, then follow up with a protective detailer--for some reason, many of the products designed for interior cleaning I've used don't remove the marks. I've even noticed some remnants left after interior service at a car wash (mind you, not true detailing).

I will give aerospace 303 a try.

Just so you're aware, 303 Aerospace sells a cleaner and a protectant. They are separate products. Depending on how soiled the leather is, the protectant will not clean the stain off by itself. It might hide it a little, but it will still be there.

If my nappa leather seats ever get dirty or stained, I plan to use a solution of Woolite and warm water to clean. It appears to work well on all Lexus leathers, so it should be great on Mazda leathers too.

I get the same thing on my reserve (Black interior) I get it on the top of door where I rest my elbow, I just use a damp cloth to wipe it off and then 303 protectant on top of it. It is back there after a couple days, guess will have to keep doing that till long sleeve weather.

Just so you're aware, 303 Aerospace sells a cleaner and a protectant. They are separate products. Depending on how soiled the leather is, the protectant will not clean the stain off by itself. It might hide it a little, but it will still be there.

If my nappa leather seats ever get dirty or stained, I plan to use a solution of Woolite and warm water to clean. It appears to work well on all Lexus leathers, so it should be great on Mazda leathers too.

Sorry, I guess that I should have been more clear as to what 303 product that I used. It WAS the Aerospace 303 protectant that I used to remove the white stains on my seats. And it removed the stain completely.

If the stain is still there as you suggested, it's invisible to me and that's good enough.

We had the same issue on the driver's side armrest in our Lexus RX. I bought perfectly matching non-leather covers that are a perfect fit. The synthetic leather is impervious to lotion and sunscreen, so no more stains.

i have the black leather seats and noticed the same thing, the night i picked up the car. They were on the driver's side and passenger side front. Didn't notice any in the back. I wiped them with a damp microfiber towel and they went away. Since then I've noticed them on my driver's side door where I rest my elbow and knee. I put a little Meguiars ultimate detailer on it and it seems a lot better. I don't think it's a big deal -just kind of annoying.

Back