2016.5 Gt tech Canada

I love my 16.5 GT. Only wish I'd have gotten iActive package mainly just so I could say it's fully loaded. :D

Our 2016.5 is my wife's daily driver and I take it on the weekends. What would you like to know?

We bought ours this year with 35,000 miles on it and now its up to 52,000. The only issue we have ran into so far were the crappy ToYos that were on it. They started cupping and my Mazda dealer gave me a set of Cooper Discoveries for half price and they have been amazing so far. Other than that no real problems with the car. The center console lid is squeaky when I set my arm on it a certain way and that drives me nuts. I have read there is a fix where you can take it apart and put some foam somewhere but I'm too lazy to do that.

The transmission is different than other cars if you haven't owned a Mazda of the Skyactive era before. It's torque converter tries to stay locked 90% of the time, which makes it drive and shift really crisp, but at super low speeds under 15mph it may seem a little jerky. It threw me off at first but you get used to it and learn how to drive it smooth.

We have averaged about 27mpg combined so far.

The paint seems really thin, there were quite a few chips on the front when we bought it.

I love the way the exhaust sounds on cold starts and I love the overall sound and driving dynamic of it. Those are all my random thoughts on the vehicle. I have owned it for about 5 months.

Our 2016.5 is my wife's daily driver and I take it on the weekends. What would you like to know?

He wants feedback.

Tell ya' what... with these odd issues some people are having with the newer ones, I'm damn glad I got a 16. Just sayin'. ;)

He wants feedback.

Tell ya' what... with these odd issues some people are having with the newer ones, I'm damn glad I got a 16. Just sayin'. ;)

No worries.

Both my wife and I are very pleased with our 2016.5. I feel like we got a perfected 1st gen CX 5. All of the pluses - none of the 2016 issues (Here's looking at you DRLs!)

We have owned it for about 3 years and it is currently at about 55k miles. No major problems to speak of. Just did the normal recommended maintenance following the severe conditions. Hey, living in NJ can be harsh! Only minor nit-picks is that the rotors started warping towards the end of their life and had to get resurfaced. From what I've read I believe it is a normal thing that happens with OEM rotors meeting OEM pads. Something to do with the heat? Not 100% sure though.

But the car itself is wonderful. It is our daily family hauler, can load up lots of stuff even with the car seat, and peppy when needed. AWD is awesome, never had a problem with the snow or ice or heavy rain. Changed the OEM tires around 40k to Perrilli CINTURATO. No complaints or problems there.

Honestly, you really can't go wrong with any of the 2016.5. If you can find one, go for it!

Back