Power window switch replacement (with auto fold switch)

Hello guys, I have replaced power window switch on the driver side (the one with manual folding knob with auto-folding switch; basically the PW switch has been replaced by the one which comes with M6 model 2017 and above).

Everything works as expected - except auto-folding when doors are locked and unlocked. I know it's bummer (uhm) but that will not stop me :)

How it works now:
press switch for manual folding - OK
press switch for manual un-folding - OK
switch in "auto" position - mirror is automatically unfolded when ignition is ON or engine started - OK
switch in "auto" position - mirror is automatically unfolded when doors are unlocked - NOT OK
switch in "auto" position - mirror is automatically folded when doors are locked - NOT OK

I'm quite sure that 2017 model has somehow connection between lock actuator and power window switch, which older model hasn't. But unfortunately I didn't find any good wiring diagrams of 2017 models... only for 2014 which is somehow useless, since it has not mirror auto-folding description. Does any one of you have an idea about 2017 model wiring diagram or info about how the lock is connected with PW switch?

I know there is an original retrofit auto-folding kit for older models <2016, but I wanted to do more precious with original switch from face-lifted model.

Thanks for any hint where to look.

BTW. I have found some Japanese info how to do it for switch which has auto-open/close Function For Driver-side only but I have for all windows and it has different cabling.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back