Hacks/USB on 2019 CX-5..Do they work?

tfalse99

:
Mazda, CX-5 GT
Just got a new 2019 CX-5 GT and wondering if the USB/Hack works on the latest infotainment systems

I had a 2016 CX-5 & it worked.... Just wondering if anyone else has had success.... Just considering doing it... Not convinced it's worth it yet.

Just got a new 2019 CX-5 GT and wondering if the USB/Hack works on the latest infotainment systems

I had a 2016 CX-5 & it worked.... Just wondering if anyone else has had success.... Just considering doing it... Not convinced it's worth it yet.

It works with the v70.00.335 firmware, but it will require you to perform a serial hack (i.e. removing some interior trim and hard wiring into your CMU) and running some commands through a serial interface on a laptop. After this you access via USB.

It's worth it just for enabling the touch screen while driving. Plus there are a number of other cool tweaks too.

Last edited:
The #1 best thing is disabling the stupid disclaimer that comes up every single time you start the car. 4-5 people are going to own that car in it's lifetime at best. But the disclaimer needs to pop EVERY time the car starts? So lame...

Has anyone done this on a 2019? I haven't checked the firmware version yet, still at work...

The #1 best thing is disabling the stupid disclaimer that comes up every single time you start the car. 4-5 people are going to own that car in it's lifetime at best. But the disclaimer needs to pop EVERY time the car starts? So lame...

And clicking "I Accept" does nothing. It does not accelerate the process of the next screen loading.

It's almost insulting. You gotta wonder how much sake was involved in that meeting.

Has anyone done this on a 2019? I haven't checked the firmware version yet, still at work...

Yes it does ...

It works with the v70.00.335 firmware, but it will require you to perform a serial hack (i.e. removing some interior trim and hard wiring into your CMU) and running some commands through a serial interface on a laptop. After this you access via USB.

You gotta wonder how much sake was involved in that meeting.

LMAO!!!
And I mean, even at this point, even in the ridiculously litigious United States does anyone think that any person in the WORLD, let alone the US, is going to go to court and say "Yea, I got in an accident because I was touching the screen in my car. I am going to sue Mazda over this!"

Judge: "Great, but first you just lost your case because you just admitted you were ******* with your stereo and that caused your accident".

Back