Where was your CX-5 produced?

Where is your CX-5 built?

• Kulim Plant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nanjing Plant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is one plant better than the other? If so, which one?

The only way to know for sure is to analyze and see if there is a higher problem rate with one plant versus the other. Both plants use identical parts and a Japanese workforce. I don't think you could particularly tell a difference. I couldn't tell the difference in a test drive of a Hofu sport and the Hiroshima Sport I bought 2 months later. And I was thorough in the test drive to check the quality of the vehicle.

The Hiroshima plant appears to be the original one, and it looks like all turbocharged models are produced there.

Here's the best CX-5 production video I could find (warning, music can be annoying, may have to mute at times)

Last edited:
https://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/mazda-stories/mazda/shipping/

Found these images on Mazda's site. Interesting to see how close vehicles are placed together on the cargo ships. They say it takes about 3 weeks to ship the vehicle, add another week or so for distribution and pre delivery inspection (assuming one is done) by the dealer.

ship_20160330_5.ts.1603310116449770.png

ship_20160330_6.ts.1603310116449430.png

I referenced this thread in this thread from yesterday here. Bumping it to get a few more replies, curious if there's any other responses.

Back