Where was your CX-5 produced?

Where is your CX-5 built?

• Kulim Plant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nanjing Plant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I believe all CX-5s for US market are assembled in Hiroshima, Japan. The only exception is when Mazdas Hiroshima plant got damaged by Typhoon a couple of years ago. During that period of time the CX-5 for US market were from Hofu, Japan, for about a couple of months.

I believe all CX-5*s for US market are assembled in Hiroshima, Japan. The only exception is when Mazda*s Hiroshima plant got damaged by Typhoon a couple of years ago. During that period of time the CX-5 for US market were from Hofu, Japan, for about a couple of months.

I don't believe this, mine was made in Hofu Plant - I know it because at times the build quality screams back at me - Ho .... fu

Those sites don't recognize my VIN. My car was shipped to Colombia could that be why?

Mine was Hiroshima.

Now I want a Godzilla to hang from my rear view mirror.

I voted hofu...but I think its really Hiroshima. Mothra clarified this to me in a dream.

You're all spoiled rotten (including me too) the car is also assembled in China, Maleysia and Russia. I think we have it pretty good that our cars come from Japan.

From their 2018 Financial Statement

Mazda is based in Hiroshima Prefecture and has major production sites in Japan, Mexico, Thailand, and China. The Company conducts sales in more than 130 countries and regions around the world. Mazda has established a global network of headquarters, R&D bases, production facilities, dealerships, and other facilities.

They make them in Malaysia as well.

https://www2.mazda.com/en/publicity/release/2017/201709/170928b.html

Nothing against the Malaysian plant, but I'd rather have a Japanese built one simply because the factory is much more established.

That's interesting.

The article states that production in Malaysia began in August 2017. Their 2018 Fiscal Year ended March 31, 2018.

Those countries I quoted were cited as "Major Production Facilities." When I go back & read the fine print, they list "Mazda Malaysia" under Asian production facilities.

Here's the entire list:

2018%20Mazda%20Global%201.png

2018%20Mazda%20Global%202.png

That VIN look up is nutty. I entered the 17 digit sequence and the page said my CX-5 that I bought last month was built in 1990 in Hiroshima. Maybe they meant my car is a Navajo but even that didn't come out until 1991. Oh well I must say my car has held up awfully well...in fact I would even call it "like new". Recycling VIN numbers?

An aside: Mazdas were assembled in Colombia by Compaa Colombiana Automotriz (CCA) beginning in 1983 with the B-1600 pickup. I had a 2006 BT-50 4x4 (pictured), great truck! They sold them as a cab & chassis to have a stake bed installed after market. CCA ceased Mazda production the end of April in 2014. The plant located in Bogota had an interesting history having assembled Peugeots in 1968 then Fiat, Fiat/Polski, Zastava, Mitsubishi, Willis and finally Mazda and Ford. There you go. Some history you never wanted to know ha ha.

48852817908_3bfcc056de_z.jpg

Last edited:
That VIN look up is nutty. I entered the 17 digit sequence and the page said my CX-5 that I bought last month was built in 1990 in Hiroshima. Maybe they meant my car is a Navajo but even that didn't come out until 1991. Oh well I must say my car has held up awfully well...in fact I would even call it "like new". Recycling VIN numbers?

An aside: Mazdas were assembled in Colombia by Compaa Colombiana Automotriz (CCA) beginning in 1983 with the B-1600 pickup. I had a 2006 BT-50 4x4 (pictured), great truck! They sold them as a cab & chassis to have a stake bed installed after market. CCA ceased Mazda production the end of April in 2014. The plant located in Bogota had an interesting history having assembled Peugeots in 1968 then Fiat, Fiat/Polski, Zastava, Mitsubishi, Willis and finally Mazda and Ford. There you go. Some history you never wanted to know ha ha.

48852817908_3bfcc056de_z.jpg

JM3KFBBMXK1606056 = Hofu

JM3KFBCM0K0673818 = Hiroshima

According to the VIN decoder, digit #11 (after "K") is for the build plant.

Last edited:
Back