2019 GX (Canada) - cylinder decativation

A high-volume Mazda dealership can special order you a vehicle to your liking. I did that back in 2015 and had the factory in Japan build the vehicle like I wanted. They added the accessories I wanted, color, etc. and about 3 months later, the vehicle arrived from Japan. Only a high-volume Mazda dealership can do that, other low volume dealers don't have the pull or connections.

CD is overly complicated for a 1 mpg gain. 2018's and 2019's have already experienced major engine problems due to CD. Oiling issues, engine failures, etc. Mazda needs to remove CD or it can turn into a Boeing Max Jet disaster. Overly complicating something that results in costly repairs, and deaths for the airline.

No issues with my wife's 2018 CX5 or my 2019 CX5. Both have CD and are excellent engines. Out of the hundred of thousands of these engines built a very small number required replacement. The issue was narrowed down to a programming update and remedied and since that time I havent seen much about CD problems.

There has yet to be anyone posting here with issues after they had the CD reprogramming done.

There were lots of conflicting observations:
"Spunkier with better mileage" versus "Sluggish with diminished mileage."

There has yet to be anyone posting here with issues after they had the CD reprogramming done.

There were lots of conflicting observations:
"Spunkier with better mileage" versus "Sluggish with diminished mileage."

Probably a result of the computer being reset to default values after the update.
After some prolonged driving the car will adjust fueling parameters based on how its driven.

Back