CX-5 Signature - Which are Non-LED bulbs?

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Can anyone confirm which bulbs in a 2019 signature are NOT LED?

Id like to convert all of them to LED (did this in my wifes 2018 GT CX-9 and looks great, of course she had no led interior or exterior bulbs, except the headlights).

It looks as though the rear turn and reverse lights are incandescent, not sure about license plate or any bulbs up front. If you know of any others, Id like to order on amazon and then swap them out this week. Owners manual was a tad confusing.

Thanks for the help!

Id like to convert all of them to LED (did this in my wifes 2018 GT CX-9 and looks great, of course she had no led interior or exterior bulbs, except the headlights).

It looks as though the rear turn and reverse lights are incandescent, not sure about license plate or any bulbs up front. If you know of any others, Id like to order on amazon and then swap them out this week. Owners manual was a tad confusing.

Thanks for the help!

On the signature they should all be LED. I changed out the interior bulbs on my Reserve and those were the only ones that I know of that were incandescent.

I briefly took a look at all the lights on another signature and the rear turns looked to be incandescent as were the reverse (which makes sense).

On the signature they should all be LED. I changed out the interior bulbs on my Reserve and those were the only ones that I know of that were incandescent.

Is this an absolute fact? I look at the Specification section manual for my Reserve and can't decipher which are incandescent and which are LED. I want to upgrade but don't want to needlessly swap LED for LED.

Is this an absolute fact? I look at the Specification section manual for my Reserve and can't decipher which are incandescent and which are LED. I want to upgrade but don't want to needlessly swap LED for LED.

I believe the difference is with the interior lights, only. Exterior are the same.

Thanks for the help!
Your reverse lights are LED, but the license plate lights are 5W incandescent builds. Front turn signals and parking lights are 28/8W 7444NA amber incandescent bulbs. Rear turn signals are 21W 7440NA incandescent bulbs. These are true for 2019 CX-5 GT,、GT/R、and Sig. Only Signature has all LED interior lights.

Your reverse lights are LED, but the license plate lights are 5W incandescent builds. Front turn signals and parking lights are 28/8W 7444NA amber incandescent bulbs. Rear turn signals are 21W 7440NA incandescent bulbs. These are true for 2019 CX-5 GT,*GT/R*and Sig. Only Signature has all LED interior lights.

I don't want to confuse tings, but I'm trying to understand something that should be pretty straightforward. Only Mazda could over-complicate (or muddy) something like bulb part#s and specs. There are no part#s for any of the LED bulbs.

Page 9-9 (Specifications) of my manual says that the license plate bulb type is LED, not incandescent. So are the side turn signal lights. It says that the Brake lights/Taillights/Rear side-marker lights are LED, but then gives an incandescent spec: W21/5W (7443)

All interior lights are listed as LED Bulb Type 8. There are no trim-specific specs.

Light%20Bulb%20Specs.png

I don't want to confuse tings, but I'm trying to understand something that should be pretty straightforward. Only Mazda could over-complicate (or muddy) something like bulb part#s and specs. There are no part#s for any of the LED bulbs.

Page 9-9 (Specifications) of my manual says that the license plate bulb type is LED, not incandescent. So are the side turn signal lights. It says that the Brake lights/Taillights/Rear side-marker lights are LED, but then gives an incandescent spec: W21/5W (7443)

All interior lights are listed as LED Bulb Type 8. There are no trim-specific specs.

Light%20Bulb%20Specs.png
Yes, Mazda changed the license plate lights to LED for 2019 MY. I used 2017 CX-5 owners manual which has incandescent bulbs. Otherwise everything else I said previously is true. In spec table, if the application listed either LED or incandescent bulb, it means higher trim levels have LEDs. For exterior lights, that means GT、GT-R、and Signature. For interior lights, only Signature gets LEDs.

For Brake lights/Taillights/Rear side-marker lights, GT trim and above get LEDs, but Sport and Touring get 21/5W 7443 incandescent bulbs.

And no, interior lights which are listed as LEDs are NOT Type 8. Thats 8W incandescent bulb when interior lights are non-LEDs for trim levels other than Signature.

There has been an error in light bulb specs of owners manual since 2013 MY. The rear turn signals should be Type 7440NA which is a 21W single filament amber incandescent bulb. The listed Type 7443NA bulb is a 21/5W dual filament amber incandescent bulb which is wrong for rear turn signal application.

attachment.php

00C0A2EE-6386-40C5-A7A2-5FA21BBDD10E.jpeg

Light%20Bulb%20Specs.png

My assumption is that Mazda doesn't include the bulb part number or type because they expect the bulb to last the life of the car, or (more likely) the LED is integrated into the housing and can't be changed.

For the Brake lights/Taillights/Rear side-marker lights, I believe the actual brake light is LED. The accent lighting or parking lights, which do not blink, might be incandescent. Turn signals are most likely incandescent.. at least they have been on the 17-18s I've seen on the road. I don't know if I've seen a 19 yet. But an easy way to figure out the turn signal is to look at how it blinks. Refer to this vid I made while upgrading my CX-9's turn signal bulbs. The left turn signal is incandescent, the right is LED. The LED has a crisper "blink" compared to the incandescent.

At quick glance, I can*t really figure out how to access the front turn signals. They appear to be incandescent even in the signature. Anyone have a pic or something that makes it more obvious (hopefully the entire light doesn*t require removal). My wife*s CX-9 only required me going in through the wheel well.

I*m a moron. Bulbs were RIGHT in front of me. It was under a small cross brace/frame piece of sorts. A little bummed because my favorite switchbacks from Diode Dynamics won*t fit in the socket. There*s plenty of depth in the housing, but, the bulb won*t seat in the plug.

I*m a moron. Bulbs were RIGHT in front of me. It was under a small cross brace/frame piece of sorts. A little bummed because my favorite switchbacks from Diode Dynamics won*t fit in the socket. There*s plenty of depth in the housing, but, the bulb won*t seat in the plug.

I once started a support group for we morons, but none of us could find our way there ;)

Sucks about your diodes not fitting. The more I read on these things, the fewer standards I encounter. I guess there's no numbering system like "1157."

Back