2015 CX5 EPB caliper dis-assembly

Willfixit

I have replaced the pads on the rear but had issues with the offside (right hand) caliper and faults thrown up subsequently. Works intermittently but not reliably. I have removed as dis-assembled the caliper, motor off and piston removed to check if any damage was caused. I have pictures of the inners to show you guys whats in there. New here so any pointers on how to get them displayed here would be great. Theresa small ring that had been damaged, have another to replace it with but cant see any logical placement for it. Thanks in advance.

a>

I have replaced the pads on the rear but had issues with the offside (right hand) caliper and faults thrown up subsequently. Works intermittently but not reliably. I have removed as dis-assembled the caliper, motor off and piston removed to check if any damage was caused. I have pictures of the inners to show you guys whats in there. New here so any pointers on how to get them displayed here would be great. Theresa small ring that had been damaged, have another to replace it with but cant see any logical placement for it. Thanks in advance.
Firstly, EPB only started available on 2016 and newer CX-5s.

Have you ever put the EPB in Maintenance Mode and NOT turning the caliper piston when youre replacing the rear disk pads? I believe thiss the second time someone dis-assembled the EPB component and couldnt figure out where the circular clip should go.

Since the original rear disk calipers have flaws with EPB dragging issue, I would suggest to get newer version of rear disk calipers just for safety reason.

Hi, Its a 65 plate, regardless of that it clearly has EPB. Yes maintenance mode was enabled but pads on this side were significantly more worn than the other side, piston resisting being pushed back, caliper binding I assumed. Did the previous post regarding the clip reach any conclusion?

Hi, Its a 65 plate, regardless of that it clearly has EPB. Yes maintenance mode was enabled but pads on this side were significantly more worn than the other side, piston resisting being pushed back, caliper binding I assumed. Did the previous post regarding the clip reach any conclusion?
Its a 65 plate? Which state are you in? Your CX-5 is a 2016 with EPB.

Search a bit but I couldnt find the post about the circular clip thing. Sorry.

In any event based on your description your right side rear brake definitely suffered EPB dragging issue due to flawed caliper from factory. See the second TSB and you need a new revised caliper. Id also get a new revised caliper for left rear just for safety reason.

TSB 04-005/16: Noise from Rear Brakes Due To Brake Drag

TSB R052/16C: Noise from REAR BRAKE/Trace of Rear Brake Dragging

Back