How long does your keyfob battery last?

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
My first lasted a year and a half, the second only 6 months. Both OE.

Can't say yet, but the batteries are so cheap, worth keeping a spare pair in the glove compartment. Here's a 5 pack of name brand Energizer CR2025 lithium cells for only 20 cents more than a 2 pack costs on Amazon, $3.72 as of this writing makes it the best deal on there for them.

I appreciate Mazda using an inexpensive key battery. Previous vehicle used an esoteric cell that was twice as expensive with no benefits.

Mine lasted one year. It was a Toshiba cell if that makes any difference. Replaced with a Panasonic battery.

My batteries lasted about 2 years in my 2016. Had the car for just over 4 years. Replaced once after about 2 years and a second time just before I got rid of it.

My car is new but the dealer told me to change the battery in one year.

Up to two years depending on how much they are used. In addition; there seems to be some poor quality batteries. Ed

My first lasted a year and a half, the second only 6 months. Both OE.
Yep those key fob batteries can last up to 2 years at most. Both of mine needed new battery in about 2 years. Push button start system requires constant polling and sending out signal, thats why this key fob battery cant last as long as old-styled key fob. The key fob on my 1998 Honda CR-V lasts as long as 10 years or more depending on usage.

Most key fobs, especially Japanese vehicles, use 2025 battery. Yes therere too many counterfeit 2025 batteries around even from some Amazon sellers. So be aware.

Back