Need Suggestions as I'm getting one.

You're seriously asking people to predict whether their vehicle will last for 300,000 trouble-free miles? Why not ask about 400,000 or 500,000?

Well, I drive roughly yet swap the car before reaching 300k as mechanical & service issues are kept arising after such threshold.
ps: based on my experience

I don't see why a Mazda would be any less durable than a Toyota. But all cars will need parts replaced in order to reach 300K miles. Suspension parts, wheel bearings, turbos, alternators, compressors, starter motors, anything that spins fast or has brushes. And electronic and sensor failures. I think the least likely thing is engine failure if the oil is changed regularly. The engine runs at such a low rpm most of the time, that there are less piston strokes and bearing rotations to wear out. Who here has ever had a 1990 or newer car, of any make, that had an engine failure?

I don't see why a Mazda would be any less durable than a Toyota. But all cars will need parts replaced in order to reach 300K miles. Suspension parts, wheel bearings, turbos, alternators, compressors, starter motors, anything that spins fast or has brushes. And electronic and sensor failures. I think the least likely thing is engine failure if the oil is changed regularly. The engine runs at such a low rpm most of the time, that there are less piston strokes and bearing rotations to wear out. Who here has ever had a 1990 or newer car, of any make, that had an engine failure?

How many Mazda's have you come across that have 300k+ miles on them? There are plenty of Toyota's and Honda with 300k+ on. A few of them even have more than a million miles on them.

@Kaps You shouldn't buy a hybrid if you want 150,000 trouble free miles, much less 300,000. They often cost a fortune to fix after 100k.

Absolutely not true. There are many Toyota hybrid taxis in New York with over 250,000 miles on the hybrid system. Likewise, there are many Lexus hybrids out there with well over 100,000 miles without any issues. Our 2006 Lexus RX400h has over 125,000 mile on it with no issues since new in April of 2005.

...although I can't say this is true of non-Toyota hybrids.

I have 51,500 miles on my CX5 2014 without any issues except one minor under warranty. Service life depend so very much on maintenance and duty cycle. To answer the op questions, I'd say 300,000 is quite possible. When you consider the number of vehicle sold by HONDA & Toyota, we are aware of only a few exceptional vehicles that reach outstanding mileage. Ed

Not sure I would want to put 300k miles on a car. Life is too short. Buy a new one every 6-8 years and enjoy all the new tech. Technology is exploding.

Not sure I would want to put 300k miles on a car. Life is too short. Buy a new one every 6-8 years and enjoy all the new tech. Technology is exploding.
Totally agree. Drove enough beaters when I was younger. That said, it takes money to indulge. Many people have other higher priorities.

Back