2017~2024 Fuel Use / Altitude Two Questions

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
1. When I shut off the engine a screen appears for a few seconds showing fuel use and other parameters. Where do I find that screen when the car is running?

2. Is there anywhere in Infotainment, navigation or even waze that shows the car's altitude? If so where do I find it?

1. When I shut off the engine a screen appears for a few seconds showing fuel use and other parameters. Where do I find that screen when the car is running?

2. Is there anywhere in Infotainment, navigation or even waze that shows the car's altitude? If so where do I find it?

#1: under App at Home screen. Left most.
#2: Yes. Go to GPS info. It shows altitude. Error is not small, but should be around tens of fts.

There is fuel information under Apps that can be displayed on the infotainment screen. Don't know about altitude though

Ok thanks for those tips, will give them a try.

If you do not have the GPS SD card, you cannot access GPS info. So, no altitude number.

#2: Yes. Go to GPS info. It shows altitude. Error is not small, but should be around tens of fts.

Is that on your 17? On mine, altitude [elevation] is under "where am I", and the unit of measure is miles! I'm at .5 miles.
GPS info shows the satellites and signal strength.

It's very informative to watch when you're driving.

Is that on your 17? On mine, altitude [elevation] is under "where am I", and the unit of measure is miles! I'm at .5 miles.
GPS info shows the satellites and signal strength.

It is under "Where Am I?".
The upper right corner shows *Altitude*.
Mine shows accuracy to fts.

Last edited:
Yes thank you. I found under "where am I?. Not too precise as mentioned above but ok.

Mine shows accuracy to fts.

I wish mine did that. Miles is useless. I've searched the manual and played with settings, and can't see how to change that.

Did you make any changes to yours to make that happen?

What firmware are you running? Mine's 59.00.446 NA N

Last edited:
Altitude displayed in feet to 1000, then in tenths of a mile, unless you take out the SD card, then it'll display in feet forever.

Altitude displayed in feet to 1000, then in tenths of a mile, unless you take out the SD card, then it'll display in feet forever.

Thanks for figuring that out. Wonder why the limitation on feet.

Mine is set to show in meters but will just say 1 kilometer if you're at 1000m or 2 kilometers if you're at 2000m but will show in meters if in between for example it will show 1800m.

Last edited:
Mine is set to show in meters but will just say 1 kilometer if you're at 1000m or 2 kilometers if you're at 2000m but will show in meters if in between for example it will show 1800m.

What's the precision? Does it round to hundreds?

Back