What to use to clean dash on 19 CX9?

Raistlin

:
2019 CX-9 Touring w/ Premium
Just got a touring CX9 and the dash seems to be different from what I am used to, very matte and soft. Would love some experiences on products used and which had best results.

Thanks

Just got a touring CX9 and the dash seems to be different from what I am used to, very matte and soft. Would love some experiences on products used and which had best results.

Thanks

It depends on how soiled the dash is, but typically a few drops of any pH-neutral soap like Woolite diluted in some warm water is enough. I haven't had to clean anything worse than dust off of the dash, but if it had fingerprints, food or drink on it, that's what I would use. IMO, no reason to spend money on something like Cockpit Premium when you can basically make the same thing with stuff you have at home, unless you like the smell.

Personally, I use a Swiffer duster to remove the dust, then spray 303 Aerospace Protectant onto a microfiber cloth and wipe down everything except the windshield glass, the Infotainment screen, and the instrument display. Dash stays clean, and I also have an extra layer of UV protection that adds richness to the colour, is dry to the touch, and is not shiny or greasy.

It's not a great picture, but here's a side by side comparison. The left side has been wiped down with 303. Right side has nothing on it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180107_115637.jpg
    IMG_20180107_115637.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 540
I use this....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

It maintains a rich looking matte finish (no greasy, shiny looking stuff for me!). It works on ALL plastics and coated leather surfaces including the clear dashboard lenses, etc. Good stuff!

Oh yes I remember that stuff, used to be Enzentt I believe, used that and the leather cleaner in my Audis. I remember it working very well and always left a matte finish.

It depends on how soiled the dash is, but typically a few drops of any pH-neutral soap like Woolite diluted in some warm water is enough. I haven't had to clean anything worse than dust off of the dash, but if it had fingerprints, food or drink on it, that's what I would use. IMO, no reason to spend money on something like Cockpit Premium when you can basically make the same thing with stuff you have at home, unless you like the smell.

Personally, I use a Swiffer duster to remove the dust, then spray 303 Aerospace Protectant onto a microfiber cloth and wipe down everything except the windshield glass, the Infotainment screen, and the instrument display. Dash stays clean, and I also have an extra layer of UV protection that adds richness to the colour, is dry to the touch, and is not shiny or greasy.

It's not a great picture, but here's a side by side comparison. The left side has been wiped down with 303. Right side has nothing on it.

attachment.php

I wouldnt normally be cleaning dash so soon but dealer did not prep the dash and its dirty with some spots on it from what I think was from them cleaning the windows. I never used 303 but everyone always says its great.

Back