2019 CX-5 music stops screen reboots

BlackPurl

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring, Premium Package, Deep Crystal Blue
When I take a road trip, the music is on. After what seems like an hour of driving, the music stops, regardless of the source. The infotainment screen displays the Mazda logo. After it is done rebooting, back to normal. This was on interstate, so no jarring that I can remember. It is with the Bose system. I will have to figure out where the SD card is located and try re-inserting it. I searched the forum, but could only find older models doing this. Wonder what needs replaced?

When I take a road trip, the music is on. After what seems like an hour of driving, the music stops, regardless of the source. The infotainment screen displays the Mazda logo. After it is done rebooting, back to normal. This was on interstate, so no jarring that I can remember. It is with the Bose system. I will have to figure out where the SD card is located and try re-inserting it. I searched the forum, but could only find older models doing this. Wonder what needs replaced?

My 2019 GT does the same. It starts happening in last few weeks. You can searched many complaints here. And, I haven't found the solution yet. I believe that this is software related issue (sd card or XM radio on air update).

Try updating the infotainment to latest version AND removing SD card. I did both those steps and no crash in 4 days now. 2019 Sig Petrol

This was common in early days (such as my '14 Mazda3).
With newer versions like v59 or v70 (for Android Auto/CarPlay), this does not happen that often anymore.

To OP: what is your version?

Happened to me 3 times on a recent road trip this past weekend. When I drove the car today check xmsiruis radio showed up on the infotainment screen... 2019 gtr.

I think there are two different issues going on here. The crashes we are facing are slightly different from boot loop. There isn't a loop, the infotainment works for 30-60 minutes, starts stuttering, and then crashes+reboots.

Get some good quality contact cleaner that is safe for plastics.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

With the ignition off, remove the SD card and anything plugged into the USB ports.

Apply the cleaner to the exposed contacts of the SD card and any USB devices.

Reinsert the SD/USB, eject it, then reinsert it once more. (this action will help clean the contacts)

Now start the car and enjoy.

YMMV

Look, this thing is new, unfamiliar compared to my 2004 car. I am not sure what Ceric expects when he says: "To OP: what is your version? "
If I go in Settings, System tab, About, Version:
OS V70.00.100 NA N
Music DB V00.08.000
Fail Safe V70.00.100

If it is in a loop, it is a long one, around 60 minutes. Someone mentioned Satellite Radio: I just received a letter with trial end date: 10/11/19. On 9/22/19, two days after the first reboot, we were listening to the preview channel instead of our previously selected channel. Eventually the same day the audio stopped on satellite. Now satellite radio is inoperable. Trial ended 3 weeks early for some reason. AM/FM and bluetooth work correctly.

Look, this thing is new, unfamiliar compared to my 2004 car. I am not sure what Ceric expects when he says: "To OP: what is your version? "
If I go in Settings, System tab, About, Version:
OS V70.00.100 NA N
Music DB V00.08.000
Fail Safe V70.00.100

If it is in a loop, it is a long one, around 60 minutes. Someone mentioned Satellite Radio: I just received a letter with trial end date: 10/11/19. On 9/22/19, two days after the first reboot, we were listening to the preview channel instead of our previously selected channel. Eventually the same day the audio stopped on satellite. Now satellite radio is inoperable. Trial ended 3 weeks early for some reason. AM/FM and bluetooth work correctly.

You are not on the latest firmware version. If you are under warranty, take your car to your dealer and explain your problems. They will then update the firmware.:)

Update: The dealership kept the car, gave me a loaner. Going on a week tomorrow. They asked a lot of questions about phone used and OS version. They have been sending data to Mazda regional (?) and someone on staff has a similar problem with their CX-5. This appears to be a step by step process, they keep on saying they are waiting on regional to tell them what to do next. This vehicle has 2,200 miles and some.

At least a dealership employee has the same problem, that's half the battle won;)

Another update: Received a call from Mazda North American operations Friday night. There is no fix for the problem, Japan is working on it and I will be notified when the fix is available. The guy said the dealership had been notified also. This was around 8pm local, so I called Saturday the dealership to see if I could pick up the vehicle. I was advised it was not ready. Tomorrow will be two weeks with the loaner.

Another update: Received a call from Mazda North American operations Friday night. There is no fix for the problem, Japan is working on it and I will be notified when the fix is available. The guy said the dealership had been notified also. This was around 8pm local, so I called Saturday the dealership to see if I could pick up the vehicle. I was advised it was not ready. Tomorrow will be two weeks with the loaner.

That's not a good sign! Good luck...

My system has been rebooting every 3-4 minutes for several weeks now. Unable to fix on my own, but thankfully still under warranty. "Bad Navigation Chip" was the description from the dealer. I saw the warranty claim they plan to submit, which was around $400 to diagnose and replace the chip. That seems insanely high for what took them perhaps 30 minutes.

My system has been rebooting every 3-4 minutes for several weeks now. Unable to fix on my own, but thankfully still under warranty. "Bad Navigation Chip" was the description from the dealer. I saw the warranty claim they plan to submit, which was around $400 to diagnose and replace the chip. That seems insanely high for what took them perhaps 30 minutes.

I would suggest you get it done! Removing the SD card stopped the reboot on my cx5! It may have been some erroneous file sent by Sirius XM or Maps that got saved on the chip, but that seems to have been fixed too.. since putting back the card last week, I haven't seen a crash.

After 3 weeks we got the vehicle back. SiriusXM suffers from repetitive lost signal errors. Clear sky, no buildings or otherwise obstructions. I have not verified firmware version, but would like to think they updated it if required.

Back