2017 CX-9 rear bumper chrome trim replacement

:
2017 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
Hello all. Wondering if anyone knows how to replace the chrome trim from the rear bumper down by the exhaust tips. I scuffed it and have ordered a new piece to replace it

Hello all. Wondering if anyone knows how to replace the chrome trim from the rear bumper down by the exhaust tips. I scuffed it and have ordered a new piece to replace it

FYI, you should get a front trim piece in the same box. Its considered an accessory so all items are included.

I had a rear bumper repair. The body shop ordered my trim piece almost two weeks ago and its still not in. They are going to do the install and said it only takes a few minutes. I may leave it off as I like the way it looks without it.

Sorry I couldnt be more help. Ill ask the body shop how to put it on when it comes in.

Did you figure this out? Im also wondering how to remove the rear bumper chrome trim at the bottom.

I found it practically impossible without removing the entire bumper. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), I had backed my trailer into my rear bumper and had insurance repair the damage which included replacing the chrome strip.

If you get underneath the rear of your car and look there are about 6 nuts & bolts that hold the chrome strip in place but its very difficult to remove the nuts due to lack of space to get your hands and a tool in there

I found it practically impossible without removing the entire bumper. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), I had backed my trailer into my rear bumper and had insurance repair the damage which included replacing the chrome strip.

If you get underneath the rear of your car and look there are about 6 nuts & bolts that hold the chrome strip in place but its very difficult to remove the nuts due to lack of space to get your hands and a tool in there

Thank you for the heads up. Ill
Check it out but if its that tight its not worth it to remove.

Back